Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #116 (Read 27 times)

Cyberic

Did you ever get over your irritable band syndrome from last fall when you changed shoes or is this an extension of that?

Is that what happens when all band members have been touring / partying / not sleeping for weeks?

LRB

I ran 8.

I had a workout teed up but decided to just run easy seeing how feeling normal has been a rarity of late. It was nice.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Did you ever get over your irritable band syndrome from last fall when you changed shoes or is this an extension of that?

I had a ITB issue? I honestly only remember the shin issues I was having. Around February  things finally subsided., but hell it could all be connected, but I do know that sometime last month suddenly all aches and pains just disappeared and I was feeling fantastic.

Then 2 weeks ago my left knee started aching, then about a day or two later it moved to my quad,  bouncing from knee to Quad, quad to knee, including the area where my outer knee,  itb, hamstring and quad all meet and then a few days later my adductor joined in. Since then it would ease up after a couple miles, or just move to the knee and stay a dullish ache or sometimes the quad area above the knee.

Yesterday was the first time it didn't go away, and bounced all over the areas I mentioned 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I had a ITB issue?

You do now!

I don't remember exactly what it was, only that it had to do with the shoes you were trying to run in or couldn't find anymore or whatever the issue was. Anyway, you're a hot mess right now, hopefully you get it together!

DavePNW

15 miles that were a real grind. I actually only planned on 12-13, no  idea why I did more.

Dave

KCRuns

I did run/walk for 3.25 blah miles. It’s been a blah week, very little motivation and nothing feels easy, even at super slow turtle paces.

LRB

15 miles that were a real grind. I actually only planned on 12-13, no  idea why I did more.

Because you'll only need 12 tomorrow to crack 70.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You do now!

I don't remember exactly what it was, only that it had to do with the shoes you were trying to run in or couldn't find anymore or whatever the issue was. Anyway, you're a hot mess right now, hopefully you get it together!

Ain't that the truth 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Did a hike with the family in between storms. If the next storm cell is done before dark I’m might go out for a run.

sdWhiskers

40 min Zwifting through a volcano.

DavePNW

Because you'll only need 12 tomorrow to crack 70.

LOL no. But it leaves me about 45 miles over the next 5 days to hit 300 for the month. And I should go over 1000 for the year tomorrow.

Dave

8.25 combined, 5.25 this morning and 3 on flat mostly elevated just now

nutty crowded at accotink in the afternoon

LRB

LOL no. But it leaves me about 45 miles over the next 5 days to hit 300 for the month. And I should go over 1000 for the year tomorrow.

Ahh. Nice. 👍

I'll need a few more weeks to hit a G.

Cyberic

JohnnyJogs I ran 10 with the Ride ISO yesterday, and 11 with the Breakthru 4. It's a little early to say for sure but here are my first impressions.

The Ride have a nice ride to them. The sole is soft/dynamic just right. But I felt the 8mm drop was a lot. I might vet accustomed to that, but it bugged me in my run yesterday. The upper is very cushiony, and hugs the foot well. After my run, my skin was irritated above my heels, where the Achilles is. Were my socks too low? Maybe, but I suspect the "more shoe" upper with the heel cup or heel counter or whatever that is called. Mixed feelings for now.

The Breakthru 4 are light trainers, and are much "less shoe". Curiously the 8mm drop in those shoes felt great. The sole is thinner, less cushioned and feels a bit like the one of the Freedom, but thinner, kinda. The upper is no frills, and is good. I really choose my shoes for the toe box space, and it felt like these shoes had almost too much, though. So if you like tight hugging shoes, definitely not a good choice. For now, I prefer them to the Ride, even though they're less shoe.

RunningOnSand

Because of Covid.