Beginners and Beyond

Finally Fall FriDailies (Read 18 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Oh, it's so nice to go out for a 7 mile run and not arrive back home dripping wet.  56º this morning.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Greta's Run 5k, 5/19; Scotch Plains 5k, 6/12

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! 3 with strides after work.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

52 degrees.  Ahhhh. Plus less traffic because my county's school's have a professional day today. 6.6 with 2 set 1 mile tempo + 4x20.

Baboon

delicate flower

52 degrees.  Ahhhh.

Indeed!  With no wind!  I was supposed to swim before work, but I opted to run in this beautiful weather instead.  I am ready to give it a go with my HM tomorrow.  I think my current fitness will be more of a limiting factor than my foot issue.  I have not run anything besides EASY effort the past three weeks.  I think if I try to race at HM effort, I'll blow up after five miles.  So, I will run at perceived marathon effort and see how that goes.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Indeed!  With no wind!  I was supposed to swim before work, but I opted to run in this beautiful weather instead.  I am ready to give it a go with my HM tomorrow.  I think my current fitness will be more of a limiting factor than my foot issue.  I have not run anything besides EASY effort the past three weeks.  I think if I try to race at HM effort, I'll blow up after five miles.  So, I will run at perceived marathon effort and see how that goes.

When is the hurricane arriving? I've not been up to date on these since I moved out of Miami.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

When is the hurricane arriving? I've not been up to date on these since I moved out of Miami.

It's not really arriving at all and will stay out to sea, but we're supposed to get some of the wind from the outer bands of it tomorrow. Nothing too bad, with 25-30 mph gusts.  It'll be gone by Sunday.

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

It's not really arriving at all and will stay out to sea, but we're supposed to get some of the wind from the outer bands of it tomorrow. Nothing too bad, with 25-30 mph gusts.  It'll be gone by Sunday.

Breezy here in NJ, but if I didn't know about the storm, I'd write it off to normal autumn weather.  Good luck with the half.

Dave, DR - Good luck with your races tomorrow too.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Greta's Run 5k, 5/19; Scotch Plains 5k, 6/12

DavePNW

Thanks Fred! 3 miles for me.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not bad! Glad it turned.

Damaris

Almost felt like wear fuzzy glove season this morning 😀

4.5 on flat paved; mostly slightly elevated pace… hopefully the same tomorrow, the 7+ stream grade with INTs Sunday.

Today was supposed to be an accotink 8 or 7 on stream grade but didn’t have time as my older son come up to visit and he was leaving this morning so I wanted to hang out with him.  
                      Hmm, a good time to change my training plan for a few weeks.

sdWhiskers

RD. Not Fall here yet, it'll probably be another 1-2 months before we get 50s at night.