Beginners and Beyond

What's your favorite music THURSDAILIES? (Read 201 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And I like my new avi but the Epcot ball is bigger than me.

Damaris

LRB

Basya, be careful what you wish for.  My marathon next weekend will most likely be between 65-79F and it already says brilliant sun.  Miami sun is not good (ask LRB) plus the course is shadeless.  I predict pain.  Haha. 

I looked like a piece of burnt toast when I left there lol!

StepbyStep-SH

PGD is a renaissance man and quite secure in his manhood! And now you've just ruined My Sharona for me - I always liked it since my name is Shari.

Scotty - My dad graduated in '69 (I think) and said his school wouldn't let them have Born to Be Wild as a class song - they had to switch it to Born Free (from the movie). Not quite the same feeling they were going for.

SIAR - I have some similar workouts to yours on my schedule later this spring, but with 3 min recoveries. And my HM pace is considerably slower than yours.

I think I am going to sleep well tonight. 7.5 miles at 9:12 overall pace, which included 4x1200 at HMP w/400 m recoveries. The 1200s were all at 7.4-7.5 mph (8:00-8:06 min/mile), and finishing the last one was a bit of a challenge. Then followed up with a fairly intense strength class - my body is tired.

Luckily all I have to do this afternoon is take DS to a "guys' group" to work on social skills with another boy his age, and then reheat leftovers for dinner tonight.

Tomorrow I am going to try for 15 miles, because I won't have a long enough time block on the weekend to do it then

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Step...pace different, pain the same. Fear them lol. Actually, I think I probably fear my quality workouts too much. It's just so much easier for me to go hard in a race than training that I really do worry about the workouts. Great job on your run and intervals. I know the expression is that you should always feel like you could do one more, but when I'm done, I'm done!

Docket...I think if you were bigger than that ball we'd have real issues.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good.  For a moment I thought that might be my head.

Step...pace different, pain the same. Fear them lol. Actually, I think I probably fear my quality workouts too much. It's just so much easier for me to go hard in a race than training that I really do worry about the workouts. Great job on your run and intervals. I know the expression is that you should always feel like you could do one more, but when I'm done, I'm done!

Docket...I think if you were bigger than that ball we'd have real issues.

Damaris

Damaris, I loved running in temps like that last year.

Shari, great run. Sleep well.

I'm on my way to the gym to do weights now.

I'd decided to do a reverse taper after my marathon, to ease back into running. That feels sensible to me.

LRB

Basya has an avi?  Like!

Better I Leave

And now you've just ruined My Sharona for me - I always liked it since my name is Shari.

Big grin

I have an Avi? Since when?

Weights are done. It was a workout that I didn't feel like doing, that didn't make me feel better, and that I'm glad is done. I plan on crashing before 9:30.

B-Plus

11.6 @ 7:51

I got nuthn besides dinner out with the better half! I'll hit it double hard tomorrow .

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

2.15 with the pups wherein Maggie decided to let another runner know she did not appreciate him running toward us.

Don't worry no one was injured - we had stepped off the path when I saw him turn around and she was sitting and under control.  She just felt the need to growl and bark at him - she has always been very leery of people running "at us".   It does make me feel a bit safer running at night with her but sadly she can't run much further than two miles as she was diagnosed with hip dysplasia in 2012 Cry

Off to read the rest of the dailies.

You can call me Anna

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Busy day, crappy weather.

4 miles on the treadmill. No long run this week, I reckon. Starting day shifts tomorrow so I just won't have time for it. Oh well, I'll get some time in on the TM and if it's clear when I get off work, I'll do an outdoor run in the dark.

Can't wait for daylight savings time again. As much as I hate getting up an hour earlier, at least I'll have some light to run in after work.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Better I Leave

5.25 miles TM work. Kept my pace a bit slower this time so I didn't burn out. GAWD I was STOOPID yesterday.

runmomto3boys

Morning! I got a good run in this morning. My 2nd of 3 quality workouts this week. Coach Daniels really kicking my ass this week.Smile 9.3m w/ 3x10min cruise intervals. Splits of 7:06, 7:08, and 7:09 spot on at my T pace of 7:10. Very pleased with my run today. Really wish I could race that 5k this weekend.

What a great run!

Kristin: I'm so happy that you were able to get a 7 mile run in!  Yay!

I got 8.1 miles in at 8:50 pace - recovery run.  Little too fast.