Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: Step right up and post a run! (Read 39 times)

B-Plus

LRB - It's time to get off your ass and get at that marathon training!

Burnnnn -  Enjoy the SRD.

FS - Please report to the poo monster thread immediately.

DR - Nice run.

Basya - Enjoy your miles, whatever you end up with.

Jay - So did you race yesterday? I think I saw something about 3.1 miles in your triple.

Scotty - It's too hot for hills! I'm looking forward to reading your report from yesterday.

Ric - Enjoy the game.

Tom - Good job.

I ran 18 miles @ 7:36. I was a bit surprised when a cyclist told me to relax my left arm. I was near the end of my run, so I couldn't be bothered to respond. So I just pointed at my handheld. Then he said I was favouring it. I have a bad habit of gripping the handheld sometimes, which is unnecessary. I loosened up and then he said that was better. It felt better too. It was a nice reminder.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

D, you're sick!  18 miles in that hot mess is enough to make me gag behind my keyboard.

Great job everyone (except Rick).   If yeww ahh not gooing too ron tudaee then we need to fieeend somesing else to (clap) paump yeww op!!

Since it worked ll for me last week, I kept the extra day in (bumping me to 6 days in a row) and threw in an extra mile so 4 for me this morning in the hamster wheel.  Some calisthenics later which will make me feel a little mo Hans & Franz! Big grin

Randy

DavePNW

6 this morning, actually my longest in about 2.5 weeks, to complete a whopping 14 mile week. Woo hoo.

Still feeling the injury. Bah.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yay for the run, Dave.  Boo, for the injury.

I napped for I don't know how long.  Then, my husband called and woke me up.  The nerve!

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

To be honest, it didn't hurt at the moment and it didn't start hurting until later............. and from now on I will take a couple pieces of baby wipes with me just in case. And I don't know if I want to tell my story in the poo monster thread lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Ric-G, excellent easy eight. Enjoy the family visit.

Tom, fantastic four.

B-Plus, bravo on the eighteen.

DaveP MI, sweet six. You're in my prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.

I just had a coffee and an Advil. I'll head out in half an hour. I feel pretty well. I need to move and clear my head. Tonight, either before or after weights, I'll do housecleaning: dusting, purging my closet of shoes and clothes that I no longer wear, neatly stashing laundry out of sight. Woo hoo.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

20.4. Left late so stayed close to home in case I needed water or to cool down. Not too bad a run, actually.

Marjorie

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone.  I'm back in from my 18 at 7:26 average.  I opted for 6 easy, 6 at MP, and 6 easy.  The MP miles were 6:23, 6:26, 6:30, 6:25, 6:28, 6:30.  I was hoping to have done 8 MP miles, but by the 6th one they started to feel like they were taking too much effort, so I capped it.  Basically, I learned two things:  1) my MP right now is probably closer to 6:40 than 6:30, and 2) if I'm going to run 6:30 pace at my marathon in October, I can't afford to be faster than pace by more than 1 or 2 seconds in a mile.

After the run I took an ice bath.  I'm a huge baby about ice, and really don't tolerate it very well, but I knew that hamstrings, glutes, and quads really needed it, so I acquiesced.

Bplus...Nice job on the long run.  It's tough not to over-compensate for carrying water.  I wish my handheld would tighten more so that I could relax with it better.

Dave...At least you're getting some runs in again...hope it continues to improve.

Redrum...You are here to pump me up?  Sweet!  Nice job on the 4.

Docket...mmm, nap.  I could use a 3 hour one, but then I wouldn't sleep tonight so I'm trying to hang on.

Freesoul...Sounds like a lesson I'm glad to learn from someone else.

Basya...Seems like a good activity for a Sunday evening to me.  Hope you have a nice run.

Marjorie...Glad your run went well...although not happy to see it was longer than mine Smile

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Good morning, everyone.

Sometime this afternoon, I'll give myself a nice long shower, a full-body scrub, and a pedicure without polish. All that warm water should help me feel better.

That is my reward every Sunday after long run is a ridiculously long shower, exfoliating etc. Makes the long run worth it.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Wink

SIAR sorry.   Um, no....I'm not. Ha

Marjorie

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

LRB...meant to respond to your question last night...Bplus was right on.  The scheduled run was MP + 10%, so 6:30 = 390 seconds x .10 = 39 seconds, so 6:30 + 39 seconds is roughly 7:10 pace.  But I opted out of that one for some MP miles instead.  Also, easy pace for me is in the 7:50-8:15 range.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning!

• Got up at 4:30 to play support/sherpa/photog for the wife's triathlon, while Oski did the same for Mr. Oski
                          • We all went out for breakfast after and I ate too many pancakes
                          • Got home and I ran 7 miles having not allowed the pancakes to digest
                          • Tired now.
                          • Three day work week then VACATION

<3

happylily

Hi. I'm still alive, barely. 17 miles, 8:35 avg. First LR in 10 weeks. Now I have stomach distress. Just like a noob. But I ain't no noob! Angry

Anyway, 60 miles for the week. The PF only hurts when I'm not running. Stupid PF.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

LRB - It's time to get off your ass and get at that marathon training!

I been doing it all year, where the hell ya been lol.  No seriously, I have been.

Redrum, keep the iron, more wine please.

As for me, I am on my third consecutive rest day for the first time since I resumed running last December, and you know what?  Me likey!  22 miles for the week is a mileage low since back then but I am not complaining.

Physically I am fine but mentally the break has been kind of refreshing.  One more off day to go tomorrow then it will be back at it Tuesday morning for something slow and easy.

I probably will not race this weekend and am not sure when I will again.  Right now it looks like a 10k on 8/31, but stay tuned.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Boo, Lily!

2 more miles with hubby.  He rested for a month for shin splints.  He just got more shin splints.  Fuck!

Damaris