Beginners and Beyond

Frosty The Penguin Tuesday (Read 20 times)

obiebyke

Bah. I'm giving everyone with weather at freezing or above my best side eye. It's so cold! The current feels-like is -13F and my stomach is still mad at me. But really, I should go out and remind my legs that they can move, even if frigid conditions. Brrrr.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Brilliant

Nice badge, Zel!

4.9 windy hilly Maui miles for me this morning. Headed home shortly. Sad

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Afternoon all.  4.2 easy miles done on the treadmill.  Dropped my phone like a winner, but it survived the fall :-) The ground outside is snow covered so that wasn't happening.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

It's pretty quiet at work today so I too the opportunity to get a rare lunch-time run/walk in around the campus.  My boss is really good about that, letting me take a long lunch for gym time, as long as I make up the time.  So I will stay an extra hour today past the time I usually go home, but it was worth it.  Sunny skies, no wind, 52 degrees, sweeet.  Did 3.5 miles around the university campus.

Way to get past that awful voice, Kathleen, and get the miles in.   Did you run in your comfortable flannel jammies?

So sorry about the asthma, Damaris, I hope your miles go well for you.

Good luck with your miles, Robert, and thanks for the card, etc.

Was your mileage recorded in German, PAD? 

Yeah, us too, Damaris....freakin' low of TWENTY-FIVE degrees tomorrow morning for us!    We will not even get out of the high 40s tomorrow for our daily high, sheesh.   I dunno why, but this year, Mother Nature is giving us Texans a roller-coaster weather ride...up, down, up, down, up, down.....I wish she would stabilize it out...one way or the other...preferably warmer...but even cold consistent is at least consistent...so we can get have time to get used to it for a while.   Good luck with the Abominable Head Cold.  Jack Daniels shots...it won't help with your cold....but after a few, you won't care....

Shoveling snow in your jammy's..bet your neighbors were impressed, Jerry.

Good luck with the 6.5, Zelanie.  SUPER clear...doesn't that mean colder weather at night?   Umm, what's a fitbit?  I am a technology idiot, as you can tell.

23 degrees, Traci, sheesh!    And -13, obiebyke, damn!  I am REALLY a cold-weather wuss compared to you two!

Jack, why is there going to be a medallion in your bathroom?  Did it win some kind of home award?   Good luck with the miles!

Safe travel home, Brilliant!  Looking forward to all the photos you are going to post.... 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

obiebyke

Woohoo I did it! 3.24 miles in a feels-like of -7F. I rewarded myself with a really good pickle. Mmmm, salt.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Singer who runs a smidge

I got Damarised by Scotty! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I got Damarised by Scotty! 

Boo!  Must be the cold he is feeling down there.

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Sorry your having such awful weather Scotty.  Better get some warm PJs.

We will go up to +1 tomorrow, so we will stay inside again.  4 for us today.  Shin splints still there, but get better as I run.  Is that typical of shin splints?

No snow in the forecast and we only have a couple inches on the ground so its not too bad.

Robert31320

Team TJ

I only did 3 miles instead of 4.

Every time I have to get my eating habits back under control, for the first couple of days I get indigestion really bad.  Today was the worst!  I toughed out the 3 but just couldn't take it anymore and came home to a nice fizzy Alka Seltzer.  Feeling much better now.  Regardless, the last 3 weeks have been way better as far as running is concerned for me.  I'm really starting to get back in my groove again and am looking forward to it again.

Running for TJ because he can't.

GinnyinPA

I don't miss the cold at all, but did have a problem doing my longish run today in the humidity here in central Florida.  It was 75, so not that hot, but it was sunny and half the run was on dirt roads with no shade.  (The rest was mostly nice shady grassy roads.) I only did 11 miles, but it was a struggle.  At home it's in the 20s today. I'm glad I'm in Florida, and I know I'm going to have a hard time readjusting to the cold when we go home in a couple of weeks.

tracilynn

Nice run Ginny

~~~~~~~

Traci

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sorry your having such awful weather Scotty.  Better get some warm PJs.

We will go up to +1 tomorrow, so we will stay inside again.  4 for us today.  Shin splints still there, but get better as I run.  Is that typical of shin splints?

No snow in the forecast and we only have a couple inches on the ground so its not too bad.

Umm, I don't even own a pair of PJs, lol...I actually sleep in...nothing!   Now get that image out of your head! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt