Beginners and Beyond

Sharing misery on the disabled list (Read 333 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

He referred to himself in the 3rd person?!  STRANGE!

Yup lol.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Well, I won't know for sure until written report gets to my doc and then I meet with him on the 7th, but after my MRI today (kinda' creepy, those things) the tech said he didn't see anything so if it's something, it's very subtle.  (I take that as a good sign)

On top of that, the knee is feeling quite good lately.  Something I really didn't think was going to come.  That sharp pain when I stepped wrong really had me scared but hasn't presented itself in about 3 weeks now.  I don't know that something *wasn't* torn and/or sprained but whatever it was that pain is definitely gone.  (I've read that outter meniscus tears *can* heal themselves if that was it.)  Now, hopefully, maybe doc will clear me to do a little yogging.  (Please Lord say so)

In the meantime, I'm ready to head out for another bike ride as that certainly ain't hurtin my knee.

Randy

Nevrgivup

So I may have danced too much last night at our New Year's wedding celebration. My hip/piriformis is freaking killing me right now. Maybe I ran too soon yesterday. Sad Frustrated and feel like I may need to take more time off yet you know how damn stubborn we "runners" are. I'm working tomorrow and we are supposed to get a pretty big snowstorm so I won't be running. I'm also working Friday. Hopefully these two twelve hour shifts won't beat me up too much.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hang in there Hilary!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Hilary,

Can you get on an elliptical or stationary bike?

If you aren't already, I'd recommend mixing it in with your swimming & see if you can't work those hips in a different way to work the pain issue??  (just a thought)

I put 14 miles on the bike today.

Don't freak.  Just try to find something that doesn't hurt & DO IT so you can get that feeling of accomplishment!!

Randy

Nevrgivup

Hilary,

Can you get on an elliptical or stationary bike?

If you aren't already, I'd recommend mixing it in with your swimming & see if you can't work those hips in a different way to work the pain issue??  (just a thought)

I put 14 miles on the bike today.

Don't freak.  Just try to find something that doesn't hurt & DO IT so you can get that feeling of accomplishment!!

Thanks. I have access to the gym so I have options. I slept horrible last night because it hurts. I also dreamt about the fact that I'm probably looking at taking more time off running to let this heal. Its not worth limping around in pain.

Singer who runs a smidge

I went for a walk yesterday ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Rock that walk!!!!

Randy

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Redrum, good luck with the results.

Hilary, hang in there!

Damaris

obiebyke

Making an appearance here for just a few days (I hope ). I've been struggling with what I suspect is runners knee and shin splints during my first 10K training cycle ever. I pushed through for my race on New Years Day, which was 90% pain free, but I've been hurting since. My left knee and shin are not happy with me. Keep in mind that I have hypermobile knees (they bend a good bit backward), so my ligaments and tendons are looser than the average Joe's, so that's probably the culprit. And I dislocated my left kneecap years ago, which can't help. I know I have a lot of muscle knots in my calf and shin, so I'm pretty confident that the shin is a muscular thing and that there's no sfx. Crossing my fingers.

I made a doctor's appointment for Tuesday for a checkup and I'll ask who they recommend for sports medicine/PT. I hope learning some strengthening exercises and a few days' rest will solve the problems.

Hilary, I've been following your trials. Hang in there!

HopesMom, walking is something, eh?

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Nevrgivup

Thanks Damaris and Obiebyke. Today I am feeling better. Yay! We'll see how I feel after I try to run again this weekend. Its a one day at a time kind of thing with this. Keeping my fingers that this thing heals up soon.

Hip Redux

Obiebyke - where does your shin hurt?

LRB

I went for a walk yesterday ...

Hooray for progress!  ;-)

Nevrgivup

Oh boy. I was asked by a coworker why I'm so cranky today. He's a guy and we joke around usually. He knows I run and I told him that most likely its because I've only run once in the last fifteen days. I truly believe this to be true.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Oh boy. I was asked by a coworker why I'm so cranky today. He's a guy and we joke around usually. He knows I run and I told him that most likely its because I've only run once in the last fifteen days. I truly believe this to be true.

Hey, you could have just bit his head off, right?

So there's that!

See?  It was a good day after all!!

Sunshine day!

Randy