Beginners and Beyond

Do fast runners wear capris? (Read 101 times)

Cyberic

Omg, I'm at the hockey game checking in at intermission and seriously spitting my beer.

Canucks won too!

You have season tickets to the Whitecaps, and (frequently?) go see the Canucks 

How much money do you spend to go see professional sports games?

I'm going to see an Alouettes game this weekend, did not go see the Impact one single time (this year, I have before), and probably won't see the Canadiens again this winter, or if I do, it will be one game.

Cyberic

Did I just change the subject of this thread??? OMG, next I'll be using acronyms IRL, NTIWKAAT. I'm spending way too much time here.

B-Plus

I have season tickets for the whitecaps, which costs me about $20 per game. I share with 6 others for the canucks, but I only plan on going to about 6 games this season. All in all, that's less than $1000 for both sports, but of course it adds up with the dining and drinking out associated with attending.

Cyberic

I have season tickets for the whitecaps, which costs me about $20 per game. I share with 6 others for the canucks, but I only plan on going to about 6 games this season. All in all, that's less than $1000 for both sports, but of course it adds up with the dining and drinking out associated with attending.

That's cool. I used to go more, not as much as you, but now I prefer going to shows. In sporting events, you never know if the home team (or athlete) is going to give an A performance. Out of my latest disappointments was a game where the Habs got beat 6-0 by the Sens... with the drinking and dining, it was like $200+ down the drain. Another is a WBC world title fight between Jean Pascal and Anthony Hopkins, I had ring side tickets, and in round 3-4, Jean Pascal's shoulder dislocated or something and he finished the fight with one hand. Lots of courage, yes, but not the fight I expected to see. That was much more than a $200 day. Now I watch games on TV and fights on PPV.

B-Plus

That's cool. I used to go more, not as much as you, but now I prefer going to shows. In sporting events, you never know if the home team (or athlete) is going to give an A performance. Out of my latest disappointments was a game where the Habs got beat 6-0 by the Sens... with the drinking and dining, it was like $200+ down the drain. Another is a WBC world title fight between Jean Pascal and Anthony Hopkins, I had ring side tickets, and in round 3-4, Jean Pascal's shoulder dislocated or something and he finished the fight with one hand. Lots of courage, yes, but not the fight I expected to see. That was much more than a $200 day. Now I watch games on TV and fights on PPV.

That must have cost you a pretty penny! I live right by the soccer stadium, and the hockey arena is right beside that, so it doesn't make sense to not go often.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This morning's half marathon female winner. She's wearing capris Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

This morning's half marathon female winner. She's wearing capris Smile

Wow. 1:12 is pretty impressive.

I wore shorts and compression socks and was happy with my choice.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Wow. 1:12 is pretty impressive.

I wore shorts and compression socks and was happy with my choice.

shorts... holy crap.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

B-Plus

Disclosure: a few weeks ago I was contemplating manpris for track work in the cold 

Today's trail run has me considering manpris again.

LRB

Today's trail run has me considering manpris again.

I saw a couple of speed bolts wearing them today.  I am still in loose pants but the thought briefly crossed my mind when they flew by me.

B-Plus

I saw a couple of speed bolts wearing them today.  I am still in loose pants but the thought briefly crossed my mind when they flew by me.

We should at least look the part 

LRB

We should at least look the part 

Well there is that.

B-Plus

I pulled the trigger.

LRB

I pulled the trigger.

I have been thinking about it. 

onemile

I have been thinking about it. 

You could start a thread of your own.  'Do real men wear capris?'