Beginners and Beyond

Its a Pickled Friday Teddy Bear Guacamole Penguin Day (Read 19 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

We really bundled up today, including a balaclava and duck taping my shoes.  So, our 5 turned into 6, all negative splits.

Jack, I think it will be a Chianti dinner.  BTW, we had Scrimshaw last night.

Also, welcome Kathleen.  Jayhawk or Wildcat?

Have a great weekend !!!!

tracilynn

at the HM I ran last wkend there was a lady there running with a fanny pack like this and it was not ergonomic or runner friendly AT ALL. She had a bottle of water in it too.  It was bulky as hell and stuck out from her stomach like 6".  WTH.

She probably still beat me though so I should shut the hell up.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Traci - lol :-)  I run with a nathan hydration belt thingie and feel like a goofball but it saves me time not to have to stop at the water stations.  I guess it isn't as bad as that fanny pack.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

tracilynn

Ha! yeah but a Nathan is actually made for running. The fanny pack she had on was made for some 90 yr old  sightseeing at Disney world or something.  It could have doubled as an overnight bag! 

~~~~~~~

Traci

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Give me the Teddy Bear, I don't like pickles or guacamole.

Glad the rest was helpful StoneFence.    Personally, I think the deer should be allowed to shoot back... 

Happy Anniversary, Jerry!

Good luck with the weights and miles, Damaris. Hope the headaches go away.

Hope YOU get some rest today, Traci.  Good luck with the puking baby goat....um...barfing kid....

Happy trampolining, Hsm!  Don't give yourself a black eye...

Good luck with the 8, Zelanie. Has it warmed up there yet?

Good luck with your workout, Jack.  Hope the meet does not end early and you have to cut your run short.

I was going to do some bridge running today for hill work during the run, but I think I'd get pushed around too much. Or get blown into the water, sapf.  BRRRR!!!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Ha! yeah but a Nathan is actually made for running. The fanny pack she had on was made for some 90 yr old  sightseeing at Disney world or something.  It could have doubled as an overnight bag! 

Cut her some slack....it probably had her spare Depends in there somewhere.....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

tracilynn

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Hahaha - thanks Scotty :-)

I didn't get blown into the water because I avoided the bridge (well other than the Pulaski bridge).  Listened to some pod casts instead of music today because I want to run my long runs a bit slower.  It seemed to help and was maybe a bit more entertaining than just listening to music.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

GinnyinPA

PAD - hope your run went well - tempo intervals?  I like teddy bears and guacamole, though only a little spicy. Good luck finding a TM. I like my Nordic Track.

Stonefence - do you hunt with a rifle as well as a bow?  Good luck.

Jerry - Happy Anniversary.  I really don't envy you running in Chicago. Brrrr!

Damaris - I hope the headache has gone away.

Traci - your jog strap reminds me of a white elephant Christmas exchange at an office I worked in years ago.  Someone had given a fur jock strap that was quite a popular trade item.  As to the fanny pack - I am too cheap to buy a running specific water carrier when I have a couple of perfectly good fanny packs that hold a quart of water fairly comfortably. I don't care if people laugh, it works.  Actually, I bought  a running specific water carrier two years ago and the bottle would drop out every half mile or so, so I tossed it.

HopesMom - how was the lecture?  Enjoy your evening at home.  They seem to be fairly rare for you.

Z - hope you get your eight tonight.

Scotty - have a good race tomorrow.  Sounds like fun pre-game activities even though the game was slow.

Jack - have fun at the swim meets.  Nice that you can run between events, but that still makes a long evening.

sapf - I hope you enjoyed your blustery 10.

Welcome Kathleen.

AFM:  blustery here too - 38 feels like 27, with snow flurries.  I invited DH out to a late brunch since I really wasn't in the mood to run.  I may get on the TM in a little while.  The blerch is winning today.