Beginners and Beyond

The B&B Baseball Thread (Read 80 times)

delicate flower

Figures that AJ Burnett has a no hitter going, and he gives up a hit to the first batter when I put the game on to watch.

<3

Man you are hardcore, watching a Cards-Pirates game.

You have to be pleasantly surprised by the Sox; sure it's early, but did you expect them to be in first place at any point in the season?

Couple days ago the Cubs choked away a lead to the Giants courtesy of 5 wild pitches in one inning. According to SportsCenter, the Cubs "outcubbed themselves" with that one.

Dave

RSX

Figures that AJ Burnett has a no hitter going, and he gives up a hit to the first batter when I put the game on to watch.

I posted about Buchholz having a no-hitter through 7, and it was gone soon after.

delicate flower

Man you are hardcore, watching a Cards-Pirates game.

You have to be pleasantly surprised by the Sox; sure it's early, but did you expect them to be in first place at any point in the season? 

In my defense, I was watching the Sox game and saw the update that the no hitter was going, so I flipped to MLB Network to watch.  Big grin

It's nice to see the Sox get off to a good start.  The last couple of seasons have started badly.

<3

delicate flower

No Red Sox game tonight, but a hell of a pitching matchup on the SNY channel....Stephen Strasburg vs Matt Harvey.  NICE.

<3

No Red Sox game tonight, but a hell of a pitching matchup on the SNY channel....Stephen Strasburg vs Matt Harvey.  NICE.

Um, turned out to be not much of a battle at all. Strasburg is mortal! Harvey not so much - he is now 4-0, 0.93.

Dave

delicate flower

Um, turned out to be not much of a battle at all. Strasburg is mortal! Harvey not so much - he is now 4-0, 0.93.

Heh...the Mets crowd was chanting, "HAR-VEY'S BET-TER!"  Big grin

<3

RSX

19 minutes long but this is the pre-grame Red Sox ceremony yesterday. If any interest maybe put the volume on as you do other things, and check back . It was no nicely done.

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/MLB?vid=fdc2ed6e-a982-4508-bed4-7c0330def4fe&from=en-us_msnhp

Hip Redux

19 minutes long but this is the pre-grame Red Sox ceremony yesterday. If any interest maybe put the volume on as you do other things, and check back . It was no nicely done.

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/MLB?vid=fdc2ed6e-a982-4508-bed4-7c0330def4fe&from=en-us_msnhp

Really well done.   Well, maybe not the f-bomb part :P

RSX

Really well done.   Well, maybe not the f-bomb part :P

The Ortiz F bomb (uncensored) clip went viral, and someone even made a new shirt with that slogan except a baseball is blocking parts of the F word. I thought it was hilarious as he captured the Boston spirit well.