Beginners and Beyond

Facebook rant (Read 129 times)

BruceD555

I hate weddings. I also hate Facebook.

Don't hold back now ...

Agree with others ... tacky and inconsiderate. What's next?  Farmville menu choices ... E-chicken or  Virtual-vegetarian?

Train smart ... race smarter.

Pinktastic

Don't hold back now ...

Agree with others ... tacky and inconsiderate. What's next?  Farmville menu choices ... E-chicken or  Virtual-vegetarian?

BRUCE!!!!

Oski, you brought Bruce out of hiding!   Hooray!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

happylily

BRUCE!!!!

Oski, you brought Bruce out of hiding!   Hooray!

+1! Yeah!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

But, IT'S BRUCE!

Damaris

outoftheblue

Dear friends and family,

Wanted to let you know that we're getting married.  We've decided to hold an e-wedding!  Isn't that exciting!  We will be posting selfies and tweeting our vows on the big day.  Don't you love it!

Please consider your e-wedding invitation.  We are registered at Bloomingdales and would like all gifts  sent to our home address.  Cash is always welcome if you can't decide what to get!

Thanks a bunch.  We'll drink a glass of bubbly for y'all.

Life is good.

bluerun

Super B****

Dear friends and family,

Wanted to let you know that we're getting married.  We've decided to hold an e-wedding!  Isn't that exciting!  We will be posting selfies and tweeting our vows on the big day.  Don't you love it!

Please consider your e-wedding invitation.  We are registered at Bloomingdales and would like all gifts  sent to our home address.  Cash is always welcome if you can't decide what to get!

I've got to say, a wedding I can attend in my pajamas sounds vastly more appealing than one which requires me to get all dressed up.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

happylily

Dear friends and family,

LOL...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

onemile

I've got to say, a wedding I can attend in my pajamas sounds vastly more appealing than one which requires me to get all dressed up.

+1

I don't see what the big deal is here. But I don't understand why weddings are such a big deal so....

Hip Redux

Well, it's not a "big deal".   It's lame, but I'll get over it. lol

In general, it isn't a good idea to group IM 100 of your friends and family and ask them all to respond to your question so that everyone starts bombing everyone else's inbox, wedding or not.  It breaks like every common sense rule there is in the universe.

delicate flower

You should ask if you can attend the wedding via Skype.

<3

RSX

My step-daughter recently got engaged for a Summer 2015 wedding. My gut plan is to show up and do as I'm told. I don't expect that to change unless it falls on the day I am running 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My step-daughter recently got engaged for a Summer 2015 wedding. My gut plan is to show up and do as I'm told. I don't expect that to change unless it falls on the day I am running 26.2

I wonder if you could use Facetime to attend while running a 26.2, if it falls on that day.

Damaris

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I wonder if you could use Facetime to attend while running a 26.2, if it falls on that day.

Or tell them to start training and get an officiant that can officiate while marathoning.

hmmm... that would be interesting

RSX

She just set that up on my phone recently. Maybe that was her purpose.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

+1,000

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)