Beginners and Beyond

Monday Morning Penguins National Lasagna Day! (Read 32 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

HsM - Be careful.  A power outage at a lab is how a lot of scary scifi flicks have started out.

Zel - I think we've all tried posting from a phone, and understand that no computer means that posting is going to be a pain in the butt.  If we don't hear from you, have a great day.  We'll be here Smile

She Can - Just make a deal with yourself that you'll get lasagna once you get your run in.

Jack - You have some adventures for sure.  I can't wait to see what I do at my first marathon either.

Lauren - Don't get the calf and the Soleus mixed up.  I don't think a screw driver handle would help the ole calf muscles.

Dave - Enjoy running around the boat.  Don't get too close to the edge.

Mitch - When I work from home, I have 2 golf balls under my desk.  I'm constantly rolling my feet around on them.  I don't have PF, but it feels good.

Ginny - Yeah, that sounds like a strange injury.  I wonder if it's a strained muscle or something.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

hog4life

Jerry, that shoe is Saucony, right? I tried them on once and it felt very narrow in the toe box.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Jerry, that shoe is Saucony, right? I tried them on once and it felt very narrow in the toe box.

Funny, mine are really wide in the toe box.  My feet are something like 11.5 AAA.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am so behind, I cannot hope to catch up, but I read everything!

Ginny, not sure.  Last time they couldn't find anything but dehydration.  Now I think the heartworm treatment plus some ointment I added for her hair must have been the cause.  She probably licked it.  Or hairballs.

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Jack, I'm still dealing with the PF. I found rolling a golf ball better than a tennis ball. I also do the frozen water bottle, make sure you leave a sock on. I'm taking a 30 day supply of anti inflammatory meds. And also ordered one of them night splints from amazon. Take some extra rest days before it gets full blown, cause once it does, you won't be able to run.

Jack, I like to use a 4/12" travel foam roller from RW.  Use it as a lumbar support too.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Jack, we are on our way there right now. Banana or Balboa bar tonight for sure! We actually passed right through Klompusland

on our way down to Temecula, but that was after 10ish hours in thr car, so we'd have been terrible company! I hope that you enjoy your trip!

Scotty, there are really nice walkways around the islands, so I will lilely stock to those for my runs.

My cousin used to live on Balboa Island! Balboa bars mmmmmm

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to