Beginners and Beyond

Give us this day our DAILIES bread (Read 48 times)

happylily

Beth, I didn't know that the days in New Brunswick had 30 hours? Lucky you, because how the heck could you fit all this in 24?  I hope the situation is little bit better for all of you.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

meaghansketch

Back from the heart Institute. I have official pulmonary hypertension. It's light presently. It is not curable. It is most likely a result of my heart defect, which was fixed 4 years ago. If that's the case, it will remain light for the rest of my life and should never be a real problem. If that's not the case, it will get worse over time and I will suffer the effects of it (shortness of breath, incapacity to work out, swollen legs and feet, and eventually, heart malfunction). The doctor said there is nothing we can do, just wait and see. For now, I'm running hard enough to indicate that my lungs are still working well, so I'm going with the theory that it won't get worse. The lungs were damaged, but the cause of the damage is gone (in theory). Cost me $125 to hire someone to replace me at work this afternoon, $15 for stupid parking at the hospital, time in traffic on the bridge coming home, loss of the desire to run tonight, and a yelling match with my SO because I was stressed and I didn't take it well when he teased me about something insignificant. Now he's sulking and I'm binging and I'm about to serve myself something strong. It was not a good day. Tomorrow will be better.

Sad

Sorry about the results, Julie.  I hope it's the first issue and not the second-- for now you are running, so that is good.  Hope that you  can keep it up as long as you want to.

meaghansketch

I just got off the phone with my doctor also about 2 hours ago.  I can't decide what to do because I got my thyroid re-tested recently, and I was calling to find out the results of the retest... But he read to me the results of the entirety of my bloodwork (which had last been done in August) and when he mentioned the thing that had been re-tested, he told me the same exact result (down to 2 decimal points) as August.  So now I don't know if he was telling me the results of the retest or the first test?  I should have clarified but I sometimes get nervous talking on the phone.  Maybe he was telling me the retest number and it's just exactly the same by coincidence?  He is only in that office 2 days a week so I guess I have to wait until Friday to call him back.  I was on board with it just being a coincidence, but I looked up the insurance billing and it had it coded as 'unspecified hypothyroid', whereas the first number was within the 'normal' range (though on the border).

Oh yeah and I ran 8 miles this AM.

I went out this evening and it was so cool, my first thought (after thinking, 'augh, why is it so cold?') was, 'maybe I should go for another run?'

But then I didn't.

Last team workout until July is tomorrow, then we have 3 or 4 weeks off before the next session starts.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Dorian and I hit the trails for a hike, probably the slowest hike I've ever done but we were going at his pace and he wanted to pick up helicopter seeds, leaves and other things. Poor baby, it was 87 degrees at that point but he handled 2 miles so well before really starting to slow down and wanting to be carried so much. My total was 2.6 while his was around 2 miles, he's enjoying the cold air in the living room now.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

StepbyStep-SH

Julie - A mini-meltdown tonight is completely understandable. I hope you wake up tomorrow feeling better and more at peace. And then kick that TM's ass as usual, just for good measure.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Hip Redux

I just got off the phone with my doctor also about 2 hours ago.  I can't decide what to do because I got my thyroid re-tested recently, and I was calling to find out the results of the retest... But he read to me the results of the entirety of my bloodwork (which had last been done in August) and when he mentioned the thing that had been re-tested, he told me the same exact result (down to 2 decimal points) as August.  So now I don't know if he was telling me the results of the retest or the first test?  I should have clarified but I sometimes get nervous talking on the phone.  Maybe he was telling me the retest number and it's just exactly the same by coincidence?  He is only in that office 2 days a week so I guess I have to wait until Friday to call him back.  I was on board with it just being a coincidence, but I looked up the insurance billing and it had it coded as 'unspecified hypothyroid', whereas the first number was within the 'normal' range (though on the border).

Would be really strange for it to be exactly the same!  I've had mine tested four times in the last year and it's never an exact number, seems to vary enough even over a short time within the range.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh yeah and I ran 8 miles this AM.

I went out this evening and it was so cool, my first thought (after thinking, 'augh, why is it so cold?') was, 'maybe I should go for another run?'

But then I didn't.

Last team workout until July is tomorrow, then we have 3 or 4 weeks off before the next session starts.

Call him for clarification.

Damaris

Lily - prayer and good thoughts sent for you.

Meaghan - that is confusing... what D said.

Cheez-its - For a long time, I hated the styles with flavor powder on them, because messy.  But, the Chipotle Cheddar Zingz are SO good that they are excused from the no-powder clause.  Most of it ends up on the cat anyway Tongue

The Y running group had the good fortune of a guest speaker visit from a sports rehab doc who also does form analysis.  With a small group, I got some individual attention in addition to an hour of excellent concepts.

Putting some of into practice on my run was amazing.  I ran the same route as yesterday, but faster, and it didn't feel like I was even working hard.

I hope everyone's health problems get better.

Dave- Have you considered Hanson's Advanced?  

Only in the sense that it's a very short list, so it seems to come down to Hanson vs. Pfitz. Of course I don't own the Hanson book. 

Thanks for the condensed version & comments.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I hope everyone's health problems get better.

Only in the sense that it's a very short list, so it seems to come down to Hanson vs. Pfitz. Of course I don't own the Hanson book. 

Thanks for the condensed version & comments.

Buy it.  The book is short and it's not that expensive.

Damaris

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Ooof  happylily

Hoping for the best outcome.