Beginners and Beyond

I can't understand why I am not losing weight (Read 510 times)

kitteh

Yeah, I kind of had a feeling that whatever type of lemonade the airline had would likely have as much sugar as the Sprite. I was not aware that Sprite is mostly natural or harmless ingredients. I suppose that's why people tend to suggest it for toddlers? My DD hates carbonation though, and I'd like to keep it that way (gateway soda and all of that.)

For the Record, my daughter has never actually tried lemonade either! I'm not sure where she heard the word because DH and I don't drink it, so we don't have it at home. She usually gets a fruit/veggie juice mixture that I sometimes water down a little (but not too much, or the veggie juice side is really obvious and it tastes nasty.) But at the time we were trapped in small quarters in the middle of a 5 hour flight and I was prepared to throw all of my parenting standards out the window just to avoid toddler tantrum hell.

Running for two!

Pre-Preggo PRs--5k 23:00, 10k 49:07, HM 1:57:40

Post-Preggo PRs--5k TBD, 10k 54:45, HM 2:28:05

Mmmmm...beer

Sprite also doesn't have caffeine.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

kitteh

If it had a mild sedative I would most certainly give it to my toddler!

Running for two!

Sloooow.

Sprite also doesn't have caffeine.

My biggest problem with soda is the high fructose corn syrup. We don't have anything in the house with that ingredient. Also, I really do think that letting the child get used to the carbonation, is not a good thing. Everyone makes their own choice though.

It's no exaggeration that I have seen a parent put diet coke into a bottle and given it to a toddler.

kitteh

Out here in SoCal it's more common to see parents being super neurotic about only feeding their little ones organic, all-natural, locally grown, seasonal fruits and veggies that they puree themselves, and gluten-free, peanut-free, flavor-free whathaveyou. But whenever I go back to Minnesota or West Virginia to visit family I'm shocked by what is routinely given to toddlers. Cheesy puffs for breakfast? Awesome! Here, wash that down with a Dr. Pepper. And don't forget to have dessert!

Running for two!

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

Out here in SoCal it's more common to see parents being super neurotic about only feeding their little ones organic, all-natural, locally grown, seasonal fruits and veggies that they puree themselves, and gluten-free, peanut-free, flavor-free whathaveyou. But whenever I go back to Minnesota or West Virginia to visit family I'm shocked by what is routinely given to toddlers. Cheesy puffs for breakfast? Awesome! Here, wash that down with a Dr. Pepper. And don't forget to have dessert!

I have lived in WV all my life and have never seen anyone eat any unhealthy food.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

kitteh

Hey, Great for you!

Running for two!

Mmmmm...beer

My biggest problem with soda is the high fructose corn syrup. We don't have anything in the house with that ingredient. Also, I really do think that letting the child get used to the carbonation, is not a good thing. Everyone makes their own choice though.

It's no exaggeration that I have seen a parent put diet coke into a bottle and given it to a toddler.

Our 5yo drinks milk and water, that's it.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

MrNamtor

Hey, Great for you!

LOL. They've got type 3 diabetes in WV.

Sloooow.

It's crazy how the poles can swing so dramatically when it comes to parenting! We're quite "natural" parents, and we live in South Louisiana where (generally) parenting isn't very natural at all. We get most of the dirty dozen organic. We went to a kids birthday party once (I met the mother on a natural parenting group), and the kids cake was dyed camo. I grit my teeth. I was horrified, haha. My 4 year old was pooping navy blue for two days.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

LOL. They've got type 3 diabetes in WV.

That is why i am a skinny 215  here

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes