Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies playing in the snow (Read 34 times)

Hip Redux

Wanted to do 90 minutes but it was reallllly slow going, so I did 5 miles instead.  It was pretty difficult to keep moving forward in fresh snow. lol

Cold-wise, I was totally comfortable.  Now if I could figure out how to keep my nose warm without fogging up my glasses, I'd have this cold- weather running dresscode nailed.

got some crosstraining shoveling three driveways .......gone reat a hit and enjoy some coffee. Then I'm thinking of shoe shopping later today. I really need to find a show that last more than 250 miles.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

LRB

Wanted to do 90 minutes but it was reallllly slow going, so I did 5 miles instead.  It was pretty difficult to keep moving forward in fresh snow. lol

Same here; too much wind, too much snow and not enough desire to overcome it all!  lol

Went out for 6 with some intervals mixed in but shut it down after 3.  There were about a dozen cars at the park so I was not alone...I also saw the strangest thing ever but that will have to wait until later.

Right now I am off to the movies for some yummy pizza and a boat load of wine!  Today's feature; Out of the Furnace.

See ya!

StepbyStep-SH

I ended up with right at 10 miles. It was my first snow run of the winter, so my inner thighs and other "stabilizing" muscles were a little tired by the end, even though it was only a little slippery. Average pace was about 11:00 - just taking it easy.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

Hello now!  Treadmill for me.  I ain't running outside in this shit.  8 miles, 7:47 avg pace.  4 x 1 mile at half marathon pace.  Felt good today.

We're supposed to get 10" of snow.  About 2" have fallen so far.  The bad stuff is supposed to fall overnight.  MBC has a flight to Florida in the morning.  There shouldn't be any problems.

<3

Ric-G

no snow here but did get in 10 this AM....went for a hike too and now off to other chores...have a great Saturday all!

marathon pr - 3:16

DavePNW

I ended up with right at 10 miles. It was my first snow run of the winter, so my inner thighs and other "stabilizing" muscles were a little tired by the end, even though it was only a little slippery. Average pace was about 11:00 - just taking it easy.

Yeah, it's a different kind of workout, isn't it? And sloooow...my 10 was about 1:30 mpm slower than my 11 last Saturday.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  My race was hot and humid, for those that like that sort of thing, 80F at the start (6:30am).  Da the fuckity fuck???

I have not post much but between Trixie being home, having to force fed her and keep bathing her due to her using her bed as a litter box, I have not even run.  Too much stress lately.  And I am worried because Trixie is not being more active or anything.  She just sleeps off the days, is given meds and force feedings, and pees a lot (from the fluids).  I don't know what else to do.  She probably gets a biopsy of Monday.  I am afraid she will never get better.

Today, I paced hubby at the Live Ultimate Half Marathon in South Beach.  I was in constant pain.  Not sure how I am going to finish 3 more marathons before surgery if this keeps going the way it is.  Although in my defense, his pace is slow and I get to hurt faster than I would in a marathon.  Lots of ibuprofen the days before, I bet.  Hubby now became a Half Fanatic with this race.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hello now!  Treadmill for me.  I ain't running outside in this shit.  8 miles, 7:47 avg pace.  4 x 1 mile at half marathon pace.  Felt good today.

We're supposed to get 10" of snow.  About 2" have fallen so far.  The bad stuff is supposed to fall overnight.  MBC has a flight to Florida in the morning.  There shouldn't be any problems.

Good luck, MBC!  You shouldn't have a problem getting INTO Florida; hope you don't have a problem getting OUT of there.  And PM me if you are close to me (if I remember, you will be).

Damaris

Hip Redux

Hi, guys.  My race was hot and humid, for those that like that sort of thing, 80F at the start (6:30am).  Da the fuckity fuck???

I have not post much but between Trixie being home, having to force fed her and keep bathing her due to her using her bed as a litter box, I have not even run.  Too much stress lately.  And I am worried because Trixie is not being more active or anything.  She just sleeps off the days, is given meds and force feedings, and pees a lot (from the fluids).  I don't know what else to do.  She probably gets a biopsy of Monday.  I am afraid she will never get better.

Today, I paced hubby at the Live Ultimate Half Marathon in South Beach.  I was in constant pain.  Not sure how I am going to finish 3 more marathons before surgery if this keeps going the way it is.  Although in my defense, his pace is slow and I get to hurt faster than I would in a marathon.  Lots of ibuprofen the days before, I bet.  Hubby now became a Half Fanatic with this race.

I'm sorry about Trixie.  Sad   Did they think it is her kidneys?  Our senior dog went into acute kidney failure and it sounds awfully familiar - loss of appetite, sleeping, peeing.  So tough.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No.  Her liver is damaged and her pancreas is inflamed.  They did an aspiration of some tissue of the liver (without opening her up) and that came back inconclusive.  Therefore, a full biopsy is necessary.  But her protein levels and clotting levels are bad so they cannot open her up until those get better.  Which is why I am feeding her critical high fat and protein food.  I just don't see a change of behavior from before the Chicago trip.  She just sleeps the whole day.  Oh, and the new thing is peeing the bed, sitting on it, and sleeping there.  I am just losing hope.

Right now I am giving her K1 Vitamin (for the clotting) and liver pills.  She is taking those well.

Damaris

Yugo18

No.  Her liver is damaged and her pancreas is inflamed.  They did an aspiration of some tissue of the liver (without opening her up) and that came back inconclusive.  Therefore, a full biopsy is necessary.  But her protein levels and clotting levels are bad so they cannot open her up until those get better.  Which is why I am feeding her critical high fat and protein food.  I just don't see a change of behavior from before the Chicago trip.  She just sleeps the whole day.  Oh, and the new thing is peeing the bed, sitting on it, and sleeping there.  I am just losing hope.

Right now I am giving her K1 Vitamin (for the clotting) and liver pills.  She is taking those well.

I am so sorry.  I will keep sending get-better wishes.  ((((Trixie))))

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks, guys!

Damaris

Hi dailies:

Oski - Hiding under a blanket is an excellent strategy, too bad it can't be spring upon emerging

Step - Yes, this has been an unscheduled cutback week so I'm with you on the pathetic miles total.  (Minor groin pull and major snowfall are my excuses.)

Beth - OUCH.  Compared to that, it's tee shirt weather here

Rick - Arrrr pace, pirates' speedwork.

Bluesky - not sure of the question either, but that sounds like a good answer.  I refuse to even think about Boston training until after Christmas Smile.

Free - rain means it's above freezing, score

Marjorie - glad it was pain free

Jack - back at it, nice

DaveP - what a pleasant run that must have been

Kristin - good on hitting the gym

Yugo - have a good 10

Sparker - 250 miles per pair?  That must hurt the wallet.

Baboon - I tried keeping all the snow here, but a little escaped.  Sowwy.

Ric-G - good 10

D - wishing a full recovery for Trixie Sad

Apparently the worst is over here, with the bad weather tapering to just snow showers for the next several days.  Temperatures will stay low, which is actually a blessing.  (If Lake Erie freezes over, as it does when the cold comes early and stays, the ice literally puts a lid on the pick-it-up, dump-it-down-on-Jay's-house cycle.)  All told, that nasty spell was good for 51".

Hip Redux

I cannot even fathom 51" in one storm!

Just for you, Jay: