Beginners and Beyond

Saturday Penguins - Are We Done Resting Yet? (Read 181 times)

Zelanie

Awesome!  Enjoy!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Sounds like everyone is staying busy running, exercising, making cookies etc. Good times!

I did 3.5 today in snowy sleeting mistyness.  It was 34 with a feels like temp of 28.  That's arctic for Alabama.  Honestly it was wonderful and I loved it.  The cold doesnt bother me at all but I do NOT LIKE GUSTY WINDS when its cold.  Legs feel good.

I have a question for those who were injured (zelanie) and built back up, especially the ITB people... My HM is 13 weeks away and I need to build conservatively so as not to reinjure.  Am I basically screwed?  Especially if Im only starting back at 3- 3.5 every other day?  I was up to 20-24 miles/ wk with long runs of 7 to 8 miles  at my peak.

Traci:  No plan for us either.   Just want to finish our HM in April and not stress out about it.

Hey penguins, randomly checking in again.  I've not run for two weeks due to a back issue and was supposed to wait at least another week but my back has been feeling okay so I went out for a very slow mile.  Didn't want to push it so I did two miles on the elliptical when I got home.  Will have to build back up very slowly but I'll get there.  Hope everyone has had a good holiday season so far.  I know I have, more pleasant than years past, that's for sure.  I'm run/walking a 5k on Tuesday that includes a polar dive.  Did it last year and loved it.

I may be slow but I never quit.