Beginners and Beyond

We Are The Wednesday Penguins! (Read 36 times)

Dad on the run.

Decided to take my RD yesterday and run my 4 tonight followed by some yummy pizza at this delicious little Italian joint right across from the walking track Smile. Have a chiro appointment Friday, I have never been but they were giving out coupons at this Block Party we went to the other night, so the first visit consultation with X-Ray and all that jazz is only 10 bucks instead of the normal price. We will see how that goes. Zelanie - Sorry about the knee Sad Hog - Glad the pup is doing better.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

SheCan

Morning Penguin friends! Gustav-- mmmm@ low fat chocolate milk for recovery. That just sounds so refreshing! Great job on the 7.3 miles and the mowing! Awood--- ohhh, I want to see Spirit of the Marathon II. I don't think it's even playing in theaters here. Hope you enjoy it! Let us know whatcha think. zelanie-- :-( @ the knee. Stopping the TM does seem to be a rather unstable time if its not done perfect. I hope its going to be alright, and your talk with the therapist goes well. Surely you didn't do much though by just tweaking the knee wrong a bit. Fingers crossed for you. Mitch--- soooooooooo happy your puppy is eating now! Damaris, Margo, Kristin, Jerry, ffboy, Bin, Hi ya! Taking an unscheduled rest day. Slept until almost 7 this morning and my muscles were feeling sore last night and still stiff this morning. Figured the day off would do me good. Sitting outside with my cat and my coffee while a loud little bird chirps over my shoulder. Couldn't ask for a better life.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

GinnyinPA

Zelanie - I'm sorry about the knee. I hope the PT can give you some guidance on how to fix it. Cherie - sounds like a lovely morning. Enjoy your rest day. Jimmy - Hope your chiro appt. works out for you. Do you have actual pain that needs work or is it just out of curiosity? Damaris - enjoy your short run. Mitch - I'm glad the pup seems a bit better. Hope that continues today. Bin - good job on the six. As to L&O, are you wearing your asbestos suit? I wouldn't go in there without one. fitfatboy - hope you're able to do a run with your group. Jerry - enjoy your run this afternoon. Kristin - how is your body holding up? Awood- hope you enjoy the movie. Gustav - I've wondered how far it is around the yard. Some days it feels like miles! Margo - enjoy your run this evening. Hope no thunderstorms. AFM: hot and very humid today. I may rest or just do a recovery run on the TM this afternoon. My legs feel fine after yesterday's LR, but energy is lacking.
        scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest Day for me today, may go for a walk with Gail after work if she is up for it. Should do weight training today, but I feel lazy today. ________________ Congrats on your miles, Gustav. Good luck with garmin-ing the lawn mower! Smile ----------------------------------- Good luck with your short run, Damaris, hope your weather is behaving, as much as it can be expected to behave. Sorry about your headache, and good luck in court today. _____________________Have a nice run, Margo! Hope you don't have too much yardwork to do post-run. ---------------------------------Enjoy the show, Awood! I'm not technical enough to make a technical determination on what technically constitutes a rest day, so I'll let the others decide on that technicality. Wink ---------------------------------Congrats on your short run, Kristin, hope nothing hurt during it. --------------------------------Jerry, what time do you get to work that you get to leave at 1 pm? Must be nice. Hope your weather behaves. --------------------------------Hope your weather behaves for you too, fitfatboy! --------------------------------Congrats on your miles, Bin. How much longer now till Bali? No, Damaris won't taper...but she's got the madness part down.... Wink ---------------------------------Good news about your pup, Mitch, hope he is back to 100 percent in no time! ----------------------------------Zelanie, feel free to throw the pity party, any runner who's dealt with an injury - probably most of us at one time or another - know just how you feel! So darn frustrating! So feel free to have the party and get lots of ((((((Zelanie)))) from your buddies here who can relate. --------------------------------Trying to use these lines as 'spacers' to make things easier to read. Hopefully it will help. Until this formatting thingy is fixed, have to draw the line somewhere! Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Dad on the run.

Ginny - More curiousity than anything and for the price I figured why not.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

SheCan

Had to share just in case someone is bored and wants to color!  Big grin

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So, we are in the wrong sport?

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

3x1 mile intervals today and 6.3 miles total.

Zel: Try a massage!

SheCan

So, we are in the wrong sport?

LOL, I guess so.... Just look at my race times, and you can tell I sure wasn't flying.

Gosh, i must be bored today or something.... maybe I shouldn't take rest days!

Cherie

Dad on the run.

Hello again, work is soooo boring right now. I'm all caught up and just waiting for lunch time. IM SO HUNGRY! I swear I could eat an entire cow.. ugg.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Sloooow.

I just finished a 4 mile tempo(?) run Big grin

2 miles easy warm up, 1 mile @ G5K pace, 1.2 mile easy cool down. It's only Wednesday and I have 12.6 miles for the week! Tomorrow is a rest day as my oldest has a dentist appointment and the youngest has the doctors. After I shower, off again to buy chicken food. I don't think I want to know the last time I bought it. At $20 a pop, and the chickens aren't even laying yet. And I need chicken scratch, which is another $15. My first carton of eggs is going to be worth hundreds, lol.

Afternoon, Gustav! Chocolate milk sounds like a pretty good after run treat.

Docket- Hope the chiro goes well and you get your run in.

Phillie- Enjoy the miles! What yardwork are you up to?

Awood- I'd say that counts as a rest day Smile Enjoy the movie!

Kristin- Nice little run!

Jerry- Fingers crossed you got a dry run in.

Fitfatboy- Have fun with whichever run you decide to do! We looked at the aerial view of our property to figure out we were mowing the back too wide, lol.

Bin- Nice work on the 6 miles!

Zelanie- That really sucks about your knee. I'm glad you have good support resources with the PT, hopefully you can work together to get it all figured out,

Mitch- Good news about your puppy! Hope she continues to improve.

Jimmy- Have fun at the chiro! Expect to be ushered in for more appointments, lol. I bought a chiro package on living social, a consultation and adjustment for $25. I ended up going back 3 more times at $40 a pop before she said I was good to go. I always feel obligated to go back when I get a good deal in the beginning, I'm a sucker!

Cherie- Glad you were already enjoying your rest day before I even rolled out of bed. Smile

Ginny- A rest day will do you good, but I'm sure you will decide to do what is best for you.

Scotty- ENJOY your rest day! You should never feel guilty for having a lazy day, all your others are so action packed!

Jack- Good work on the intervals. Not sure what that involves, but my running lingo is very lacking.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hello again, work is soooo boring right now. I'm all caught up and just waiting for lunch time. IM SO HUNGRY! I swear I could eat an entire cow.. ugg.

Jimmy.....

Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Dad on the run.

I would take a spicy chicken sandwich with a large fry and large sweet tea and one of those cookie sundaes to go along with it!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Well....DW was too tired to run after mowing the lawn, so I went solo, 6 miles @ 9:53 with some repeats including roundtrip on our favorite bridge.  62 DP was perfect.

Scott, I get to work at 8:00, but that is not necessarily when I start working.  Pretty hard to keep up that schedule for 4 days lol.

Philliefan33

Well....DW was too tired to run after mowing the lawn, so I went solo, 6 miles @ 9:53 with some repeats including roundtrip on our favorite bridge.  62 DP was perfect.

Jerry, I think you and my DH have it pretty good today with the wives cutting the lawn  I just finished mowing the lawn and edging the sidewalk. I'm going for my run and I hope DH gets home from work in time to run the trimmer.

But I am NOT cooking tonight. We can either eat what's left over or order out.