Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILY Penguins Shivering in the Midwest (Read 34 times)

Don't call me Buttercup!

Oh, and hi to everyone who said hi. =)  I've been hiding on FB for awhile, but I've decided to start being social again.  You've been warned.

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

tracilynn

Oh, and hi to everyone who said hi. =)  I've been hiding on FB for awhile, but I've decided to start being social again.  You've been warned.

(In a minion voice) ... YAYYYY !!!Big grin

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

Mickey! Welcome back!  10 miler sounds great. Hows the garmin doing? You did buy my garmin right? Was that you? Confused

~~~~~~~

Traci

Bin Running

Thanks for the advise on the 3hrs run..

Awood, I will watch the video later at home..  I do find that that my recovery is much better than say 6 mths ago now that I can maintain 40 a week..

Ginny/Cherie, I guess slower runner like us would need to look at 3.5-4hrs on the longer run.. Maybe I will form another opinion after I watched Awood video..

It's now Monday for me and I feel my legs are ok despite the 2:50 pounding...

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Yep, Traci, I did buy your garmin. It's working great! Smile

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hello all prodigal penguins who have returned!!!

Thanks for the advice on the knees everyone.... life forced the rest day bit it is sounding like it was in my best interest anyway. They feel ok right now, hoping it is nothing serious.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

hog4life

Cherie, I am here for you, lol. My 3.65 miles tonight was a 15:04 pace. I will be doing the run/walk for a while till this darn PF goes away.

Vance, I don't have a foam roller yet, but will be getting one soon. I have been rolling everything except the kitchen sink.

Ginny, a golf ball seems to work best for me.

Awood, that's my fear too. I have a couple DNS's, but both were 5k's. I'm pretty sure I can get back to 13 miles by Oct/Nov, but having second thoughts about 26.2. Maybe I'll focus on the halves, get my distance up beyond the half and then find a spur of the moment full.