Beginners and Beyond

Punny Saturdailies (Read 38 times)

Cyberic

Nice intro Oski Smile

9+ miles (15 km) at easy pace, with 2x12 minutes at MPish.

Started reading Daniels' Running Formula. I'm still in the generic stuff.

meaghansketch

Club relay and picnic today; I did the distance in 13:02, or around a 7:10 pace on a course that was roughly 1.82 miles.  My team came in 4th out of about 8.

Happy running everyone!

Yo. Haven't been here in a bit. Being pretty lazy on vacation.

So anyway, after my knee problem flared up on Sunday, I took a day off & did 6 with no major problem; took 2 days off & did 8 with no major problem, then did 8 the next day (today), and the pain is back.  So trying to figure out if I should just take an extended time off, or keep fighting through it, or what. But very annoyed. Guess if it keeps up I will try to see someone when I get home.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Dave

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

20 miles, dew point 73*, killed it!  Great run, even with the heat.  Now it's time to eat everything in the house. Smile

Hope everyone is having a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yo. Haven't been here in a bit. Being pretty lazy on vacation.

So anyway, after my knee problem flared up on Sunday, I took a day off & did 6 with no major problem; took 2 days off & did 8 with no major problem, then did 8 the next day (today), and the pain is back.  So trying to figure out if I should just take an extended time off, or keep fighting through it, or what. But very annoyed. Guess if it keeps up I will try to see someone when I get home.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Sorry to hear it.

Nice race, Meaghan.

Damaris

Club relay and picnic today; I did the distance in 13:02, or around a 7:10 pace on a course that was roughly 1.82 miles.  My team came in 4th out of about 8.

Nice!

Dave

Zelanie

After two days of leaded legs on my easy runs, I had a delightful 10 mile LR today.  I think that's how it often works in marathon training, right?  Easy runs feel like crud, quality workouts are great?

In any case, that was my last run in Oregon until August- hopping an international redeye tonight.  Hopefully we can get all of those teenagers matched up with their right families!

Catch you guys on the other side once I get my bearings, or along the way depending on how it goes. Smile

After two days of leaded legs on my easy runs, I had a delightful 10 mile LR today.  I think that's how it often works in marathon training, right?  Easy runs feel like crud, quality workouts are great?

In any case, that was my last run in Oregon until August- hopping an international redeye tonight.  Hopefully we can get all of those teenagers matched up with their right families!

Catch you guys on the other side once I get my bearings, or along the way depending on how it goes. Smile

I may end up living the Hanson plan vicariously through you....

I am in Lincoln City right now. Despite staying right on the beach, can't actually run along the ocean because there is nothing paved (unless I want to run in the sand which is not happening). So I have been running along Hwy 101, which has a sidewalk but is not so scenic.

Have a good trip!

Dave

Zelanie

I may end up living the Hanson plan vicariously through you....

I am in Lincoln City right now. Despite staying right on the beach, can't actually run along the ocean because there is nothing paved (unless I want to run in the sand which is not happening). So I have been running along Hwy 101, which has a sidewalk but is not so scenic.

Have a good trip!

Dave- I hope you get the knee thing figured out.  If the beach is anything like the Oceanside beach, then running on it was windy hell.  I had to turn my head sideways to breathe some of the time.  But I just ran on the damp sand with shoes, so footing wasn't really an issue.  Until I crossed one of those little rivers and my feet got soaked.  But there was no sidewalk or much of a shoulder on the road up there, so it's good that 101 has at least a sidewalk.  And shopping! 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

1.4 with hubby, 6.60 solo, 8 total.

Now, salud!

Damaris

From the Internet.

Late check-in - 8.69 miles/90 minutes for me this morning, I kinda wish I had gone the extra 0.01 miles but I just stopped when I hit 90 minutes and didn't check my watch until I got inside :P 8 days in a row running for me! Prooooobably will take tomorrow off, or I might run to/from work instead of driving (I have about 5 minutes of work to do and it's 0.8 relatively flat miles away, so 1.6 round-trip). I think increasing frequency, no icing, minimal stretching, and foam rolling only as needed have all been helping me out - legs feel great and today was my longest run in weeks. This happened when I was running 6 days a week in November/December too, going to try to stick with it for a while even if some of those days are really minimal mileage - just getting my legs moving for even just 5-10 minutes seems to be helpful for me.

B-Plus

I did a 10k fun run today. I even took 40 minutes out of my run to do some marshalling.

StepbyStep-SH

Hi, all - late getting onto the forum tonight. I had set my alarm to run this morning, but as has happened a lot lately, I turned it off and didn't get up. I've accepted that June is going to be a light month for me, but I put a training plan down on paper starting June 30, basically following the Pfitzinger 18-week, 55 mpw peak, training plan, but with some extra miles added in. Hopefully having a written plan, with a goal marathon in mind, will help me get motivated (that, and getting to bed earlier on a regular basis).

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

I am crashing in Dayton Ohio tonight, tomorrows run should be interesting.