Beginners and Beyond

I know it's late but for those of you who follow Track and Field.... (Read 72 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

This will probably be overlooked by most people, but Shannon Rowbury set a new AR in the women's 2-mile of 9:20.25 finishing 4th OA.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

This will probably be overlooked by most people, but Shannon Rowbury set a new AR in the women's 2-mile of 9:20.25 finishing 4th OA.

That is pretty flippin' incredible!  And just as incredible is the fact that it might not stand long with the crop of girls who are coming up.

Walk-Jogger

Thanks George, I hadn't heard that one yet.

Retired &  Loving It

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

What I found interesting was how she hung back from the fast early pace, let the front 3 and pacer go, then worked her way up. I wish her well this season. It must be a little frustrating for her that her PBs at 800m, 1500m, and 5000m are each less than a second off 2:00, 4:00, and 15:00. She was featured a few weeks ago in the RW Ask Me Anything forum if any of you are interested in her responses.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Love the Half

Heh.  One of their slowest 1K's was 2:42.  That's a 4:20 pace.  I'd have to jump out of an airplane to hit that speed.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Heh.  One of their slowest 1K's was 2:42.  That's a 4:20 pace.  I'd have to jump out of an airplane to hit that speed.

ROTFLMAO!!!

That was a good one!  

Randy