Beginners and Beyond

FRIDAILIES have it all - shoes, boots, legs, and abs! (Read 255 times)

Morning, guys!

5 miles this morning, which put me over 1,000 for 2012- woohoo! lol  Fun to see a 4th digit in my log.

Something tweaked in my knee during my last .1 and I actually stopped and walked the last 100 feet or so because it was hurting more and more.  By the time I got inside my house, it felt fine again.  Weird.  Hopefully it was just an isolated incident.

School with the kids, housework, making Christmas ornaments, and going to a Christmas party with DH tonight- a date!  Woohoo!  : )

Have a nice day, guys!  

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

B-Plus

SUS - Nice lookin' shoes. Kristin - Congrats in the 1000. Hopefully the knee is nothing to worry about. I'm heading out for 3 very slow miles.

Morning runners!

Kristin-Congrats on the milestone!

I got in 3.5 miles last night. Today is SRD and then Saturday I get to Run Like the Dickens (10K).

NRR: Yesterday I read they are making a Tron 3. Cool

Jess runs for bacon

Happy Friday everyone!!!

Last night I was supposed to do a time trial, but I skipped it. Feeling kinda bad, but not too bad. Four miles for me on the TM tonight, I'm going to take them easy though. Have a virtual half tomorrow. I was going to run the real half route on my TM but iFit is still acting up. Luckily it's supposed to be warmer tomorrow, although rainy, so I'll be doing it outside.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

So this is where the majority of RWOL ended up.Smile Hi from another RWOL refugee. Rain almost killed my run today. Got on the spin bike for 30min and cleared up to get in a easy 4 miler afterwards.

What's this mileage game you guys do? Sorry for my ignorance, but never really hung out on BF much on RWOL.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Weezer88

Morning Dailies!  Enjoying my 1st of many cups of hot coffee.

It took every fiber of my being to stay ON the treadmill this morning; however, it needed to be done - AND I FINISHED.  I will be doing a LR tomorrow and it will be with the running group so I'll definitely get wet tomorrow.

Stay safe and healthy everyone!

I AM WEEZER.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! I brew my own coffee at home and bring a travel mug every day, but today I decided to stop off at DD for a medium coffee. Double coffee Friday! Yum.

I'm heading to the gym at lunch (again) as I have a birthday party after work. Torn between 30 minutes on the bike again or a couple EASY miles on the treadmill. Thinking about the 'mill. I have a race tomorrow but I just want to RUN today, ya know? So I might.

Kristin, congrats on the milestone! I should be hitting 1,000 in the next couple weeks myself. It was my goal this year, so I guess I'm coming in just under the wire.

Have a great day, everyone!

Jedi- Welcome, glad you found us!  : )  There are a couple of mileage games-  the 2013 in 2013 runs just for the year of, well, 2013.  People sign up with whatever their mileage goal is and compete either on a team or as an individual.  I'm not sure when the cut-off for that is, so if you're interested you might want to pipe up on that thread.  The other weekly mileage game is an ongoing game- at first you log your miles as an individual, then when a spot opens up, you get assigned a team.

April-  I like to run a warm up and a few 100's the day before a 5k.  : ) 

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Friday!

Great run/walk last night around the university campus.  Did the route used for the local Diploma Dash 5K and finished in 32:28.  Then continued on back to the gym, ending up with 3.3 total.  I think I got a little carried away after that, lol, cuz I went back inside the gym and then proceeded to do my full-body weight training circuit.  I am a little sore today, good thing today is a rest day.  Will be heading out after work to pick up my race packet for my 5K tomorrow morning.  Race #71 for me for 2012. 

I will be doing this event tomorrow: 

Jingle Bell 5K for St. Jude's Ranch for Children.    St. Jude's Ranch is a residential facility for abused, abandoned and neglected children.  Event is held in Gruene, Texas, starting in front of historic Gruene Hall, where a lot of music folks sang to help start their careers long ago, including folks like Willie Nelson, Lyle Lovett, George Strait (who happens to live down the road from where I work) and The Fabulous Thunderbirds.   The building in the picture below that will be on the race shirts is Gruene Hall, built in 1878, the oldest continually running dance hall in Texas.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

runmomto3boys

D2: I'm like a broken record when it comes to your runs as of late - another fantastic one!  Keep up the amazing work.  Your speed is crazy.

David:  It's so rare that you hit the TM!  I hope the run goes well today.  It sounds like some really crummy weather.  

Gustav: Have a great day with the gym and biking.  Cork pulls and wine glass curls?  HILARIOUS!  I've never heard that before...

Kay: I hope you can squeeze a run in today!

Lori: I didn't realize your hubby was a runner too!  I love that you are able to go out together, too.  What a nice run!

Makk: Enjoy the rest today!  You earned it!

Robert: Great work getting the miles in already today.  That song woke me up - shazam!

Phil: Have a good TM run today!  You had a good run yet again last night. You've definitely had far more good ones then bad as of late.  Woot!

SUS: 5 at 7:39????  HOLY COW!  Your speed is crazy too!  No Mike as of yet...I miss him!

Lily: Have a great 10 miler today and enjoy the party prep.  Happy birthday to your daughter!!!! 

Basya: Super pace on those VFF miles today!  Yes!

Kristin: Over 1000 miles?!?!?!  :::happy dance::::  That's awesome, especially with how crazy the back end of your year was with the adoption and everything.  You managed to really get in a good # of miles.  Bravo!  I hope the knee thing doesn't reoccur.  I hate it when little stuff like that crops up...it always makes me nervy nervous.

B-Plus: 3 slow???  That's an unusual # for you!  What's going on?

Code: I didn't realize you had a Saturday race coming up.  That must be one of the last ones for you b/f winter hits!  Good luck.  How bad is it that I have no clue what Tron is...boy stuff...I'm guessing?

Lilac: Enjoy the 4 TM miles today.  Don't fret over the missed TT. 

Jedi: Hey there!  Nice to see you on this side!!!  The miles game is a weekly report in sort of game that you can join up any time of the year.  You just start posting your miles on Team Available and eventually you will be assigned to a team.  The 2013___in___2013 game is an annual game.  They just held sign up for it, but I'm not sure if it's still open or not.  You might want to PM Venomized.  He'd know!   ETA: oops - Kristin covered this.  Double post!

April: What are you racing tomorrow???  Good luck whatever you decide to do today, work out wise!

My big boy's 6th birthday is today.  I'm off to help the kindergartners with reading and to bake him a cake.  Happy Friday, all!

Ball of Fury

Weezer:  I almost just skipped my run this morning because of the weather but it was only drizzling and actually wasn't as cold as I thought it would be once I got out there...I was fairly warm in just one layer of pants and long sleeves so I am sure you would have been find in short and no shirt Big grin  Hope you enjoyed your TM run, though.

4.5 very slow, painful, uninspired miles on legs that felt like lead today!  I did almost just stay in bed so I am glad I at least got out there and ran.  5-mile trail race tomorrow and need to get in about 5 more miles to make up for my extra rest day Tuesday but we will see how that goes!  Kids are going to my mom's for the weekend so PARTY!  And by party, I mean I might have a glass and wine and stay up until at least 9 PM!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

B-Plus

Jedi - Welcome!

RMTB - I've started to incorporate more recovery doubles, so it's like a 30 minute shakeout run in the morning. Of course I could do double recovery days like Pfitz, but right now I prefer a 30 minute shakeout in the morning, then the real run in the afternoon. Bonus miles, so to speak. Enjoy your RD.

3.3 @ 9:28. More later.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Jedi- Welcome, glad you found us!  : )  There are a couple of mileage games-  the 2013 in 2013 runs just for the year of, well, 2013.  People sign up with whatever their mileage goal is and compete either on a team or as an individual.  I'm not sure when the cut-off for that is, so if you're interested you might want to pipe up on that thread.  The other weekly mileage game is an ongoing game- at first you log your miles as an individual, then when a spot opens up, you get assigned a team.

April-  I like to run a warm up and a few 100's the day before a 5k.  : ) 

I registered on site, but do you update your miles for week or can you do it daily? 2013 in 2013 sounds fun, but hoping for 3013 in 2013.Smile

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Happy Friday!  (or JEANS day as we say in my house).

In case you missed it, my mantra was on tv last night.....

Dory: Hey there, Mr. Grumpy Gills. When life gets you down do you wanna know what you've gotta do? 
                              Marlin: No I don't wanna know. 
                              Dory: [singing] Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.
                              Marlin: Dory, no singing. 
                              Dory: [continuing] Ha, ha, ha, ha, ho. I love to swim. When you want to swim you want to swim. 
                              Marlin: Now I'm stuck with that song... Now it's in my head. 
                              Dory: Sorry.

Have a great day all!

@runjerseygirl

Happy Friday!  (or JEANS day as we say in my house).

In case you missed it, my mantra was on tv last night.....

Dory: Hey there, Mr. Grumpy Gills. When life gets you down do you wanna know what you've gotta do? 
                                Marlin: No I don't wanna know. 
                                Dory: [singing] Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.
                                Marlin: Dory, no singing. 
                                Dory: [continuing] Ha, ha, ha, ha, ho. I love to swim. When you want to swim you want to swim. 
                                Marlin: Now I'm stuck with that song... Now it's in my head. 
                                Dory: Sorry.

Have a great day all!

Now I'm the one stuck with that song in my head, LOL!

Do you even run?