Beginners and Beyond

No Friday Dailies? (Read 42 times)

B-Plus

8 mile run later. Maybe group, but perhaps solo.

I killed that fucking bunny.

LRB

Today seems like a Monday to me. Maybe because I am at work after two days off.  

DavePNW

The gloves are good in this weather. When I leave my hands are a little chilly, but not cold. After I'm warmed up, they become just a bit sweaty. I suspect that they won't be enough for real cold temps, but I will probably add a liner glove.

I can't imagine not having a two-pronged glove approach. My hands warm up so after ~3 miles I generally take off my gloves if I am wearing them, or the outer layer (wind-blocking mittens) if I am wearing two. But in the latter case the inner gloves usually stay on for the rest of the run.

28 degrees, 20 windchill. Two layers of tech shirts, one layer of gloves (removed after ~3 miles), and hat.

8 miles easy.

Dave

Little Blue

4 miles walked with my friend, 3 miles run easy.  50-ish degrees and just dreary.

I might head to the basement later and pick up the free weights.  I don't do anything for nine months of the year because I work outside.  I cross train with a pitchfork and lawn mower.  But in the winter I try to pick up the weights occasionally to keep my pitchfork muscles active.   But it's kinda cold down there ...

LRB

But it's kinda cold down there ...

It won't be after you crank it up (the stereo and the weights). 

I lasted six minutes on the TM before I had to retch. FML.

Zelanie

Hey guys.  I ran with the social group for the first time in forever last night.  It was really nice to be with people again instead of by myself doing cold dark loops of the neighborhood (even the trail to the park has been flooded for the past 2 weeks).  Hopefully I can get into a routine of running with the group again.

Basya- Hope you feel better soon!  Do you think it's somehow connected to the fasting, or are you coming down with something?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I guess the 'holidays' are officially over now and lots of folks are going back to work today.

I am NOT one of them, thank goodness.  I have off until Monday.  Love working for a university!    Gail, however, does have to work today.  Since she does have to work and I don't, I did a couple of 'errands' for her...got her car registration renewed so she didn't have to stand in line;  and did the grocery shopping for her - strictly following the list she gave me, of course, I've learned a thing or two in 30 years of marriage 

Non-running day for me.  Have to do a few errands today and then will be back home shortly.  Probably a good thing, I want to stay off the roads today as much as possible, it is rainy and miserable here and the majority of San Antonio drivers are probably the worst bad-weather drivers ever!  Weekend looking good though...by Saturday we are supposed to be back into the 60s!  Yay!

Nice Bowl games yesterday.  Congrats to Oregon...and I am SO glad that Alabama lost, YAY!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Damaris, I was gonna start the dailies when I also did the Penguin thread start...but I did not want to steal LRB's thunder....we have to give him something to live for....   Is it still hot down in your area?  Still rainy, cold, and miserable here in San Antonio...but we are supposed to be sunny and 60s for the weekend, yay!  Then on Tuesday...back to 27 degrees!  Stupid Texas weather!

Hope you feel better, Basya!

Step, sorry you are not feeling well, either?  Wishing you speedy healing.

What do you mean 'get fast'? You're already fast, Baboon!

Good luck with the long run, George..if it does get done today.  Dang, George, that is a lot of miles for 2014.  Congrats!

Yay for you and Rocky, FreeSoul!  Sounds like you two are NOT sick.

Sounds like a nice family time, OOTB!  Enjoy whatever miles you get in today!

Well, LRB, at least you didn't dream about giant marshmallows and then your pillow was gone when you woke up!

Wow, Lurch, good luck with the 2015 in 2015!  I cannot imagine doing that much mileage these days!

Congrats on the core work, Jack.  You will probably REALLY feel it on Sunday.  I've found that if I lay off my weight training for a while and then start back, the next day is not so bad....but TWO days later....wow....my body REALLY feels it by then!  Gotta get myself to where I am CONSISTENT in doing my doctor-PT prescribed non-running workouts, so my body won't feel that way after I do them, that I will feel the 'good sore' from doing a quality workout, not the 'bad sore" from being a slacker...

Congrats on the miles, Cy, and enjoy the new gear.

Good luck with the group run, B-Plus.   You killed the bunny?  You're PREGNANT?  Oh my....

Wow, Dave, now that's cold!  And I wore 3 layers yesterday for my 28 degree race, lol.

Little Blue, sounds like you need to make a warmer "winter workout room" for yourself!   50-ish degrees sounds nice, even if it is dreary.  Better than the 20s and 30s!

Nice to run with friends at times, Z!  Glad you enjoyed yourself!  Sorry your park is flooded.    And YAY for the Oregon football team!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

87F and 71 DP last time I checked.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

87F and 71 DP last time I checked.

good lord...sounds like Texas Spring....

Little Blue

...got her car registration renewed so she didn't have to stand in line;

You still do this in person?   I thought NC government was the most backward, but we can at least do this online.  Punch it in and it shows up in the mailbox two days later.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I haven't caught anything yet, thankfully. Everyone else around me and Dorian and DH have been getting sick, but so far not us three. I normally get the 24 hour stomach bug though.... haven't gotten that yet.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Phil, have a great tempo run.

wcrunner2, enjoy your run.

Shari, feel well soon.

FreeSoul87, sweet 6.2.

outoftheblue, have a wonderful workout.

Rick, amazing half hour on the elliptical.

Lurch, have a great six-miler.

Jack K., have a relaxing and refreshing SRD.

Cyberic99, bravo on the 7.5.

B-Plus, enjoy your eight-miler.

DaveP MI, excellent eight.

LittleBlue, beautiful workouts.

Zelanie, yay for running!

scottydawg, stay safe.

Damaris, those nights numbers suck.

My feeling icky is connected to the fasting. I don't fast terribly well. Running 6.1 while fasting probably wasn't the best idea.

This time of year, the sabbath ends early enough to hit the gym tomorrow evening for some time on the AMT or TM.

onemile

I ran 12. Pretty sluggish. I don't know if it's this cold or what.