Beginners and Beyond

Dork (Read 150 times)

SheCan

LOL B-Plus... but really, I don't do that, but I'm absolutely sure that I look and seem pretty dorky to many people at every race.  Some of us really don't care; we're just out there doing our thing and having fun.  Smile

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

LRB

If you run, you are a dork, regardless of how you do it.

Maybe he was doing a time trial?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I must be something wrong, since none of my trials included a race track start position.

Damaris

LRB

Speaking of that, the one and only time trial I ever did was an unmitigated disaster!

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Hmmmm......sounds dorky.  I do hit my watch when I'm doing intervals at the track but I usually just walk to/thru the starting line and then pick things up as I hit the start button.  Anybody watching probably wouldn't even notice that I touched the watch but I could be wrong.

As for the dick vs dork debate......I'd be much obliged if somebody could turn this into a meltdown thread!   Haven't had one of those in a while, eh?

Randy

Luke79

This.  There is something intrinsically dorky about running/jogging to a large section of the population.

Runner100

And i assume you lean forward into an imaginary tape at the end of runs?

I use blocks.....

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

With hands up in the air?

And i assume you lean forward into an imaginary tape at the end of runs?

Damaris

Love the Half

Agreed.  I was getting ready to do intervals at the track yesterday.  As always, after finishing my warm up, I walked around for a few minutes to get myself psyched up.  Then, I stood at the start line for maybe 30 seconds with my hand on the start button before I took off.  Then again, I'm damn well aware that 8 x 1,000 @ slightly faster than 5K race pace is going to hurt fairly badly.  I concede the utter dorkishness of anything related to running.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

RSX

Every now and then on a run I come to a crosswalk standing next to a guy running in place like that picture of a jogger vs. a runner.

LRB

Every now and then on a run I come to a crosswalk standing next to a guy running in place...

I came upon a hot runner chick doing that the other day...so I joined her.

Mmmmm...beer

Taking the military's motto of "train like you fight" to a new level?

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

But see, I don't start races like that either. I am usually in like the 7th corral and walk/jog for 10 minutes up to the start before crossing it...lol

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

#artbydmcbride

With hands up in the air?

like I just don't care....   Big grin

Yes, and the imaginary crowd goes wild!

Runners run