Beginners and Beyond

Opening Day MonDAILIES (Read 46 times)

Little Blue

We went through this with our dog too. DH called me at work after finding her slumped over and thought she had a stroke. We had one of the "lucky" dogs that had more than one episode. The second time wasn't as severe as the first, we think that the wonder drug that kep her allergies at bay was the cause. Poor dog was still motivated by food though--I had heated up some pizza for dinner and she really tried to get up to get some.

I hope we never have a repeat.  Ours was eating fine, but we had to hold the bowl up to her mouth.  If she leaned down, she fell over.  And carrying a 75 lb dog down the steps to go outside, not fun.  No way out of our house that doesn't involve steps.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I hope we never have a repeat.  Ours was eating fine, but we had to hold the bowl up to her mouth.  If she leaned down, she fell over.  And carrying a 75 lb dog down the steps to go outside, not fun.  No way out of our house that doesn't involve steps.

Ours was only 45lbs. But it was the up & down the steps and also holding the dog while she tried to go to the bathroom. Trying to hold up mid-sized dog while she pees is a challenge & really tough on the back. Our vet said most dogs don't have a repeat, which was always followed with, but your dog isn't like most dogs.......

After the 2nd incident, we took away her down the steps privileges when we weren't home. At that time, we figured it wouldn't be that long carrying the dog down steps since she was 13 and her breed's lifespan averaged 10-12 years. It wound up being 2 more years of carrying her down the stairs (and up in her last 6 months or so).

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Poor doggies!

Guess who twisted her ankle today?  Yay!  It's not bad, just achy, but gah.

Damaris

Zelanie

I have something called vestibular neuritis. 

Glad it passed and hope you never have to deal with another episode.

I ran 10 on the TM.  I have to work very late next Thurs. and Fri., and have a 5K on Sat., so I'm trying to get as many miles in early in the week as possible.