Beginners and Beyond

Sharing misery on the disabled list (Read 333 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

When's the MRI?  Maybe we can be MRI buddies.  Mine's thursday.

Mine's not scheduled yet.  I'm supposed to be in an aircast right now, but I told my doctor I was going camping up North this weekend and wasn't going to start wearing it until Monday.  She wants to know how I'm feeling later in the week, so we'll probably end up scheduling it then.  So you get to go first!

Thanks, LRB.  I hope it's as simple as a stress fracture.  I could use a simple injury this time around.

Running is dumb.

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

May not be of great help, I had a stress fracture of my metatarsal in my foot in high school, that was caused by over-striding and my foot slapping down from XC running.  Of course back in the 1970's there was no such thing as an MRI and all I got was 4 weeks on crutches, didn't have air boots then.

One thought that jumps to my mind is nerves.  There can be issues higher up on the kinetic line such as calves, hamstrings and even ones back that manifests itself as tingling nerve ends.  I would think your extensive PT would have aided in your flexibility and perhaps minimized that possibility.  Have you been rolling and working your leg and glute muscles?  (just a thought, Dr. Google is smarter than I anyway)

From the Internet.

Hope you get a clear diagnosis next week Mandy (and Oski too - what's your MRI for? Haven't been around a lot so I missed whatever happened!)

I totally forgot about this thread and should have dragged it up to the top when I was wallowing in the depths of broken toe misery :P Saturday will be exactly 4 weeks post-break and today marks 3 weeks of pool running, I have spent a grand total of 24 hours, 16 minutes in the pool so far. Not as good a destressor as running but at least I can do *something*. Appointment with my podiatrist (who's also a runner and was recommended by my coach way back when I was being slowly killed by shin splints) on Monday to get new X-rays and see how it's healing.

Hip Redux

Other hip.  (sad trombone)

From the Internet.

Other hip.  (sad trombone)

Dang it other hip! You were supposed to be the good hip! Sad Hope you get good news from the MRI.

Hip Redux

Have any of my DL peeps ever had problems with their cuboid bone (foot)?  I am getting pain here off and on:

From the Internet.

My toe is still broken, doctor and coach agree that fall marathon is a no go. Healing well and no damage to the joint, I just broke the damn thing clean across and it will take time to heal fully.

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Oski

I had pain there many years ago during XC season in high school.  Would hurt on and off, but I could run on it.  Turned out to be a stress fracture of the 5th metatarsal (little toe).  Try pressing on the area, if it hurts it could be structural.  You know well that fractures are not always visible on the xray when they are young.  Just a thought.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Have any of my DL peeps ever had problems with their cuboid bone (foot)?  I am getting pain here off and on:

Dude.  You really need to stop following in my footsteps.    But no, I haven't had any issues with that area.  Which foot?  Op side or non-op side?  All my issues seem to happen on my op side.

Lauren, that really sucks.  Are you on crutches?

Today is day #2 in the air boot for me.  Sigh.

Running is dumb.

From the Internet.

Dude.  You really need to stop following in my footsteps.    But no, I haven't had any issues with that area.  Which foot?  Op side or non-op side?  All my issues seem to happen on my op side.

Lauren, that really sucks.  Are you on crutches?

Nope. Not even in a boot anymore unless I'm walking a lot, I think it's more just a risk of re-breaking if I stress it with high-impact stuff too soon.

bluerun

Super B****

I had pain there... doctor suspected a fifth metatarsal sfx.  I TOLD her it wasn't a sfx, but I guess I can't blame her for leaning that way, given my history.  It wound up being peroneal tendinitis.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

Have you scheduled your MRI?

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Have you scheduled your MRI?

Just sent my doctor a message about it.  She wanted me to take a few days in the boot first.

Running is dumb.

Hip Redux

Oski

I had pain there many years ago during XC season in high school.  Would hurt on and off, but I could run on it.  Turned out to be a stress fracture of the 5th metatarsal (little toe).  Try pressing on the area, if it hurts it could be structural.  You know well that fractures are not always visible on the xray when they are young.  Just a thought.

I thought that at first - but it eventually went away with no real modifications of activity.  And now it's like 3-4 weeks later and it started up again just as randomly as it started!

Blue - I saw that can coincide with something called cuboid syndrome where the tight tendon subluxes the cubiod out of place.

Mandy - op leg, of course!

Hip Redux

Got the MRI today.  I know I'm not an MD, but the dye slipping out of the joint is pretty easy to see with the athrogram and there's a pretty clear tear-looking-thingy on my scans (I got the CD to take with me).

I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all!