Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: On second thought make that a double (Read 49 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats again, D2!

Damaris

LRB

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My husband showed me an article yesterday about the bad breathing conditions guess where?  Now I am flipping out more.

Damaris

LRB

My husband showed me an article yesterday about the bad breathing conditions guess where?  Now I am flipping out more.

What a guy, your dear hubby.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What a guy, your dear hubby.

Better to know now so I can bring prednisone and something to cover my mouth and nose. Imagine if I notice there?

From the article, they are talking about a lot of smog. -_-

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

After chauffeur duty i will be running my 8 scheduled miles. What became of the cute little 6 milers?  easy pace.

Damaris,  guess better to be safe than sorry but don't let hubby show you anymore articles. You've trained hard. You will do awesome as usual.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

rest day.  It is national puppy day.  The Basset rescue we got our two from just got a big thing of puppies in yesterday.  We have said we will take one.  Let's see if we get one!  Quincy and Hammy certainly need a little brother!  Ha

We donate to them all the time and just sponsored two of the puppies so I hope our odds are good.

Marjorie

workinprogress11

Good morning!

My back is really killing me this morning. It may be because I ran half of my weekly mileage (68 miles) over the weekend. The other half was done over 3 days, with rest days in between. I really have to stop doing this, I don't think that my body can take it any longer... Anyway, debating whether I should run a short recovery run tonight or just take a rest day. I'm afraid that a rest day will equate to more miles again next weekend.

Have a nice day, everyone!

I've done something similar a few times when I've had to front or backload a week because of prior commitments, unexpected life events, etc.... And for me, personally, I do a lot better running a short recovery JOG (4 or 5 miles) the day after a weekend like that. It loosens my back up and seems to help with all over muscle soreness.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

After chauffeur duty i will be running my 8 scheduled miles. What became of the cute little 6 milers?  easy pace.

Damaris,  guess better to be safe than sorry but don't let hubby show you anymore articles. You've trained hard. You will do awesome as usual.

Oh those are the articles I need to know about. Smog could put me in the hospital so I need to talk to my doctor to see what I need. It's not playing with mt payche; it's just frustrating to have chosen this as my goal race, LOL.

But thanks!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes, where are those 6 milers?  I miss them!

Damaris

Zelanie

Morning! It's spring break!   So I haven't even gotten up yet.  Planning 6-8 this evening, in the mean time, I should probably work on catching up with the stuff that didn't get done last week.

Marjorie- A basset puppy sounds like the cutest thing ever.  Good luck!

Eric- As far as strides go, yes, I run them fast (for me), they're the fastest running that I do.  But I don't think about going out hard so much as running smoothly and openly, and trying to get that feeling like I'm floating.  That plus leg turnover feels like a good set of strides for me.  Totally different than the "dig in" feeling of running hard when you're tired.

Lauren-- Good luck in the mile repeats!  Those can be a challenge, but feel so good to get done!

D2- Great pics and FE!

D- I bet even bad air quality over there would be better than what you run in every day where you live with the humidity.

LRB

Eric- As far as strides go, yes, I run them fast (for me), they're the fastest running that I do.  But I don't think about going out hard so much as running smoothly and openly, and trying to get that feeling like I'm floating.  That plus leg turnover feels like a good set of strides for me.  Totally different than the "dig in" feeling of running hard when you're tired.

Good description.  I usually do 6 to 8 and start off around 5k pace and work my way down to around mile pace or slightly faster.

Depending on the time of year though and my fitness, the last one or two could be significantly faster than mile pace.

In any case the goal for me is to remain as smooth as possible throughout with no herky jerky movements or excessive strain.

Mmmmm...beer

OH YES IT IS.  

Pretty awesome FE pic right there.

The power of positive thinking, I like it!

There are a couple of things that I will do better for my half next month.  I didn't get enough sleep for the few days prior, and then I painted the house all day until almost 7pm the night before the race (mostly trimwork, lots of squatting and kneeling to do the baseboards, etc., I was a lil sore when I went to bed lol).  So with another month of training and better race day prep, I might PR again, we'll see.

Damaris, I hope the air quality is good when you get there, maybe they'll get a storm before the race to help clear the air.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Mmmmm...beer

In any case the goal for me is to remain as smooth as possible throughout with no herky jerky movements or excessive strain.

+1, I shoot for smooth but fast on my strides and try to stay focused on my form.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good description of strides, Zel.

Damaris