Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Running cures all (Read 44 times)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

AM - same easy run as yesterday 100% different.  Felt decently good overall.  *add* - 7:57 @ 136 HR over 10 miles...  yup much better than yesterday.

I figure yesterday's fatigue was from Mondays LR + fighting storm winds.

1st Quality if the plan tomorrow - some 5k paced intervals...

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Actually I may need to play around with my FR10. I might not be able to see lap time on it, only overall. That would be a reason to use my Timex.

Actually I found an article here at RA about this exact issue.

- Andrew

outoftheblue

Got in 10.75 miles last night and am supposed to head out today for 6 or 7 more, but feeling kind of sluggish.

I don't like using my Garmin for track workouts.  Both the lap and total mileage is always wrong.  I just have to remember to count the laps!

Life is good.

happylily

My double yesterday ended up being a single, and only a 4 mile recovery run on top of that. I chose to spend the rainy day on the couch, watching movies all day. I also ate a truck load of popcorn and ice cream. It was a great way to celebrate the fête nationale. I'm back at work today and I plan on running 10 with intervals tonight. It should be cooler than in the last few days.

Have a great Wednesday!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

We are still on our mini-vacation up here in the local mountains. Today I ran 4.5 miles with DD on the same trail as yesterday. Now we are off to get a big breakfast at my favorite place up here, the Grizzly Manor Cafe. Massive pancakes! Brr saw my picture the other day. Not only massive food but it is tasty stuff. Second time in four days but who's counting?

DavePNW

Hi. 3rd straight RD today. That is all.

Dave

LRB

Hi. 3rd straight RD today. That is all.

Not necessarily a good dailies title for you.  Nope, in your case rest cures all!  Wink

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sigh. By 10am, it was 97F and 75 dewpoint. I need to reapply my makeup before heading court because walking 0.25 to lunch melted it.

I will stay inside until I have to run.  Thank you.

Damaris

meaghansketch

Hi Dailies!

Just couldn't get out of bed this morning so it'll either be a couple TM miles tonight or a rest day.

Hip Redux

I'm on RD 138.

lol

LRB

Too funny!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Just when you have everything 100% figured out something happens...

Not a big deal at all.

I diligently track my calories in and out, eat my exercise back in so on and so forth.  Everything is very predictable, including the affects that alcohol has on the next mornings scale as well as (visiting mom)  and so on.

Until now - Enter Marathon training!

Long low intensity mileage + food =   + lbs

I have gotten to the point, especially in this high dewpoint, to weigh both before and after my run.  Typically speaking I will lose 4 lbs in a 10 mile run.  Weather conditions do affect that, this mornings cooler weather and rains meant I only lost 3 lbs.

Since this is nearly all water loss, it is very easy to replace during the day, the caloric demand is also very easy to replace (without resorting to icecream etc.)

So the question is: Do you typically gain weight during marathon training?

If you do, do you know why.  Is it the low intensity work?

A side note: I am fully aware that I my caloric deficit though not high, may be high enough to cause metabolic issues.

Hmm... again, no worry just curious really.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

So the question is: Do you typically gain weight during marathon training?

If you do, do you know why.  Is it the low intensity work?

No, I normally maintain. I generally eat more calories than I need.

- Andrew

B-Plus

I'm on RD 138.

lol

Can you set up a streak for that in your log?

happylily

Sly, no, I do not gain weight, I lose a few pounds, usually. LRs make me lose my appetite in general. Are you saying that you are losing weight or gaining it?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010