Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: You know how we do it! (Read 44 times)

10.44 outside instead of a LR, easyish out, hardish back.  This way I can double and run easy with the Y group (also outside!) in a little bit.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Work emails need emojis. I want to send this one: .

LRB

Work emails need emojis. I want to send this one: .

I have a use for the face-palm one like in 4 out of 10 emails I send.

Cyberic

Did 6 x (760 meters hard with 380 meters jog). It was, well, hard.

I'm in the last week of phase 3 of the program, and that phase calls for back to back workouts.

So tomorrow I should run 5 x (1 mile T w/ 1 min jg).

Phase 4 should be a little gentler on me, with rest days between workouts.

Check!

Unless I see a real improvement in my fitness (and I doubt it) it is probably the last time in my life that I'm going to follow a program that has me run workouts on consecutive days.

But I did get it done, I wanted to give it a try. I deserve a beer for that. Wait, it is almost empty. Maybe I deserve two! 

Cyberic

I have a use for the face-palm one like in 4 out of 10 emails I send.

Why 4 out of 10? Why not  2 out of 5? 

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.5 with 8 x 1 minute hill intervals. Run hard up the hill, jog down, repeat. I decided not to GAF about what drivers or others would think and did them along a busy road (there are 2 hills that I used, there are no driveways in that section, so no need to worry about traffic). I felt odd doing the short sprints earlier this winter, I can only imagine the people looking out the window at the crazy fool out in the cold and dark lit up like a Christmas tree running up the hill in front of their house in short bursts. Must have made for some good dinner time conversation.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Got in another 2.4 miles this afternoon with Dorian followed by a 1.3 mile walk.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

Ran after work: 62 degrees! Whoa. Actually worked up a sweat. Not from running fast or anything though. 7 miles.

Dave

Hip Redux

I ran four miles but my TomTom pulled a Garmin and won't download the run, so it didn't really happen.

7.4 regeneration done in the sunshine.

onemile

10 easy - the first half with the dog.

StepbyStep-SH

5.5 with 8 x 1 minute hill intervals. Run hard up the hill, jog down, repeat. I decided not to GAF about what drivers or others would think and did them along a busy road (there are 2 hills that I used, there are no driveways in that section, so no need to worry about traffic). I felt odd doing the short sprints earlier this winter, I can only imagine the people looking out the window at the crazy fool out in the cold and dark lit up like a Christmas tree running up the hill in front of their house in short bursts. Must have made for some good dinner time conversation.

A few years ago I was doing long hill repeats in a rural subdivision that has a lot of deer. A couple of does and their fawns grazed in one lawn watching me run up and down that hill 10 times. I can just imagine the conversation they had about "odd human behavior."

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

workinprogress11

Ran after work: 62 degrees! Whoa. Actually worked up a sweat. Not from running fast or anything though. 7 miles.

7 pain free miles?  I hope so.

SRD for me.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I didn't want to run today but I ran 5 after Pilates and they felt better than last year.

Damaris

DavePNW

7 pain free miles?  I hope so.

SRD for me.

I am always reluctant to even say anything, but yes thanks. Longest run in a few weeks. I was planning on 5, then decided 6, but it was going so well I inadvertently blew past the turnaround point & had to make it 7.

Dave