Beginners and Beyond

In the DAILIES we trust (Read 37 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sorry to hear that, Dave.  What is the next step?  Are you planning on going back to the doctor?

Damaris

LRB

Yoga once a week, and I've resolved to quit being lazy about lifting - I've been slacking the last couple months. Squats 3x5 at 135lbs on Tuesday, probably deadlifts and glute bridges tomorrow, plus varied upper body stuff both days.

Stop it, you're turning me on.  

Dave is it the same pain you had in the back of the knee or something different?

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Word.

Happy anniversary Mr & Mrs Brr!

What's up with all the weight loss? I am on vacation, eating/drinking excessively, running only sporadically, and with no access to scale. Scary stuff, kids.

Speaking of breakage - I did run today. 8 miles, kind of slow & ragged (amazing what only 3 days off will do), but the knee was no problem. The test however will be running consecutive days without the pain coming back. So either I go again tomorrow to test it, or I stick to every other day for a while. We'll see.

Have a good day everyone.

Thanks and good luck Dave.

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Happy Anniversary, Andrew!

Damaris

DavePNW

Dave is it the same pain you had in the back of the knee or something different?

Same exact thing. If only I knew what actually fixed it last time, other than just screwing around with intermittent running & rest breaks for 4-5 months. Not to mention figuring out what the actual cause is, which would involve going back to the medical community & having them spin the diagnosis wheel of fortune.

Dave

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

LRB

Wish I overslept, sure felt like I needed too.  But I have found that I get old man sore laying in bed too long.  When the F did that happen... used to be able to lay in bed all day...

Baboon

Bugs... yes  that was one of the main reasons I decided to get running glasses, bug deflection. (and the sun/ eye damage deal).

You should only need a couple of week brush up to be in marathon shape. However, unfortunately you haven't completely forgotten the pains of marathon training.  

D2

Good job in that dew-point, feels like running in soup eh?

Lily

I normally fluctuate around 4 lbs as well, when I am in a normal situation.  Unlike when I visit my mother or have to go out of town on business.  Even when I am good and log calories there seems to be more fluctuation, and I am pretty sure it is water retention from the salt content of the food.  I used to have a pretty decent salt appetite but over the last two years really cut way back and can tell a huge difference.

meaghan

Even cut short, it is a good workout. I had a similar issue this morning. Maybe something in the air.  Wink

DR

Ugg... sounds like me having to proofread and edit a set of construction specifications...  damned dry and damned tiring.

Brrr

Congrats!  yes it does...

and that stage of pregnancy If I recall was 'difficult'.  Eager to be done with it and emotions start running high on both parties.  Good luck.

Lauren

I love and hate pre-approved mortgages... I am decent with my expenses and estimated cost of living etc. and I find they always pre-aprove me for more than I can comfortably afford.  Which sounds like an easy problem to deal with, but in the back of everyone's minds is the notion that you *could* get more if you 'found the perfect home'.    Danger Will Robinson Danger!

Scotty

Nice! increasing your MPW and upping your game!  Wink

And getting in a slam on Oski to boot!  (you meanie)

Dave

Good luck on the painless running.  Likely a completely different issue, early in my running career I found the less I ran the more likely to have swollen knee and knee pain when I did run.  But the pain did subside as the day went on, so it was only immediate post run issues that I had to deal with.

As far as pain in the back of the knee, is this the tendon strings or deep inside?  At one point I had pain in the back of my left knee and it was due to overstriding and overstriding up hills.  Took a damned long time for everything to play nice.

AM

1st quality run of the marathon plan.

It sucked...  temp, dew-point, food, sleep, I dunno...  but it sucked.

Carry on.

LRB

This year I suspect it will be worse.

Simple question; why is there an F after the dew point?  And why in Jehoshaphat's name do you think this year will be worse?

LRB

Same exact thing. If only I knew what actually fixed it last time, other than just screwing around with intermittent running & rest breaks for 4-5 months. Not to mention figuring out what the actual cause is, which would involve going back to the medical community & having them spin the diagnosis wheel of fortune.

You had a torn meniscus but that was not the source of your pain if I recall correctly?  Then I believe one of the last docs you saw gave you a dumb look while asking why you were not running or something to that effect.  After that you stopped thinking about it and went on to run a zillion miles.

LRB

LRB

Wish I overslept, sure felt like I needed too.  But I have found that I get old man sore laying in bed too long.  When the F did that happen... used to be able to lay in bed all day...

AM

1st quality run of the marathon plan.

It sucked...  temp, dew-point, food, sleep, I dunno...  but it sucked.

Carry on.

I cannot lay in the bed for too long or my back starts to bother me.  It has been that way for a million years.

That is not a good way to start MT, do a better job consuming complex carbohydrates so that at least you feel like getting your head kicked in.  lol

Could be the remnants of the 80 mile week but you should be over that by now, no?

B-Plus

I feel like I've gained weight in the last week or 2.

LRB

I feel like I've gained weight in the last week or 2.

You certainly know how when you want to.  lol

From the Internet.

Lauren

I love and hate pre-approved mortgages... I am decent with my expenses and estimated cost of living etc. and I find they always pre-aprove me for more than I can comfortably afford.  Which sounds like an easy problem to deal with, but in the back of everyone's minds is the notion that you *could* get more if you 'found the perfect home'.    Danger Will Robinson Danger!

Ah, but we are being smart and are pre-approved for that amount *just* on his income, not including mine - I'm a full-time PhD student being paid a stipend, make enough to cover living expenses now and will be getting a ~$10k/year raise when I graduate and start working as a post-doc. I also hold both the car titles so the loans we still hold on those (will be paying one off in February, yeah!) don't factor into the mortgage process.

From the Internet.

Stop it, you're turning me on.  

Then I shouldn't even tell you that I was squatting 160 and pulling 190 last fall!

Zelanie

Today's adventure involves converting "standard" to metric while running.  But trying to think about it made the run go by quickly!

So I ran the 0.9 miles to the gym today and joined.  My plan called for 9 with 6 at GMP.  I got on the TM, and of course it's in kilometers and there's no way to switch it that I can see.  Also, it's just in kph, not in minutes per kilometer.  So I decide to warm up for another 1.5 K, then do 10K as a progression run, starting at my LR pace (since I'm still adjusting to everything and not really wanting to push too hard).  I ran 5K at LR pace (10 kph, nice round number), then for the next 5K I gradually bumped it up until I ran my last K at 10.8 kph.  If my math is right I think GMP is about 10.5 kph.  Felt good the whole way, better as I sped up.  MP pace seems to be a happy pace for me.  At least for 6 miles, hehe.  Then I cooled down for 0.5 K and ran the 0.9 miles back home.

The gym didn't appear to have AC on, they opened the doors partway through, maybe to let air in?  But the treadmill was nice and smooth.  It felt so humid that one of my "never falls out" yurbuds came out and I couldn't get it back in, then the other one came out right towards the end.  Oh well.

I'd call today a running success!

There's also a delicious looking bread place that is kind of sort of on my way home.  I skipped it today because I wanted to make it back in time for the game, but that is definitely on my agenda for another day!

LRB

Then I shouldn't even tell you that I was squatting 160 and pulling 190 last fall!

BOING!