Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins Say "I Do"! (Read 33 times)

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

Jimmy, don't spend a bunch of money on a bike, or any if you can help it. See if someone you know has one you can borrow, most adults I know have at least one old bike collecting dust in their garage. Or buy the cheapest one you can find. The distance in a sprint tri is short so pretty much any bike will be good enough.

For mine I'm using the old crappy mountain bike I have in my garage. I may put some road tires on it but other than that it's fine.

hog4life

June 29th is my wife's B-day.

Sloooow.

3 more miles done. It's 75F in the house and 85F outside. I hate summer.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

8 miles around the lake done, great run, perfect weather. Smile

Gustav & Mel, great wedding stories, love the log cake!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

GinnyinPA

Gustav - your wedding sounds like a lot of fun.  I've never been to a theme wedding, but would like to someday.

Mitch - sounds like a busy week for you.  Enjoy your hills tomorrow.

Damaris - hope the miles and weights went well.

Margo - hope the intervals went well.  I always have problems afterwards when I do intervals - next day or the day after - so I am really reluctant to do any right now.  When I have more trust in my body, maybe.

Bin - trail sounds much nicer.  Will the heat break soon, or is this likely to stay for the rest of the summer?

Tomas - I keep trying to convince myself that hills are good, but some days it's hard to believe.  Given where you live, where do you do your hills?

Hopesmom - hope your walk was less painful tonight.

Zelanie - how frustrating, having to wait, again.  I hope the doctor really is there tomorrow.  You had a creative baker at your wedding.  Very nice cakes.

Jack - enjoy the lack of schedule.  You'll be back to the grindstone soon enough!  As fit as you are now, your two 10ks will not be a problem.

Jimmy - check yard sales in your area for a used bike.  Or swap meet/flea markets if there are any nearby.  Hope you don't have a neuroma.  My husband had the problem for a couple of years, off and on. Are you due for new shoes?

Coralie - good for you getting out when it was 85.  Can you go out in the morning?

Scottie - hope the hernia doesn't grow, though it sounds like surgery is inevitable eventually.  When is it hottest there?  July?  That's a good time to do it.   A Hawaiian wedding sounds nice too. I wanted to get married in the mountains, but it would have been too much of a hassle getting everyone there, and the weather in May is very uncertain in the high country.

SO42 - enjoy your midweek race.  It's different anyway.  Where is your cruise?  How long?  Have a good vacation.

Dave - glad you enjoyed your 8 miles.

AFM:  SRD today.  We took the dog out to a nice quiet loop trail in the woods.  He got very wet and muddy in the creek, so he's happy.

hog4life

3 more miles done. It's 75F in the house and 85F outside. I hate summer.

I hate summer too!

Bin Running

Scotty, abt 93F I think..

Ginny, just the beginner of summer for us.. Altthough we had summer all year long.. haa.. Probably will only started to get a little cooler come Sep/Oct when the Monsoon started..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Tomas - I keep trying to convince myself that hills are good, but some days it's hard to believe.  Given where you live, where do you do your hills?

There is one decent hill, not too steep that I ran to from my house (1 mile) then down and up (1/2 mile each trip) several times.

There are some other hills by my in-laws house, but that's an hour away.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas