Beginners and Beyond

Brooklyn Half (RR) (PR) (Read 96 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Holy crap, that is a BIG race. I cannot even fathom running in something like that! It sounds like you had a great time and you sure ran a great race. They are very consistent so I am guessing you were in a zone just cruising along at a nice pace. Great RR, by the way.

Great job, very shrewdly run by your splits.

Well-written RR also.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

SIAR - Many thanks. I also appreciated your comment in my other RR about setting training goals, rather than race goals.  It seems like such a simple concept, but somehow it didn't click until you said it.  I'm trying to focus more on training now.  If I train well, the results will come.

Thank you for sharing that - definitely made my running day.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Luke79

That looks like it was a very well run race.  Grats, I'm glad it went so well.

Luke

B-Plus

That's a huge race, and huge congratulations to you also. Very nice splits. What a difference from Verrazano.

LRB

Very nice time and impressive splits!  Good job dealing with the logistics.

Say, way back when on the BF you were considering running a marathon, did you ever do that?

TakeAHike

Thanks everyone.

SIAR - Thanks again.  I just wanted to let you know that your advice helped me.

LRB - I haven't run a marathon yet, but I will run NYC in November. I am starting Pfitz 18/55 on July 1.

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

SheCan

Congrats on the fast PR.   Those splits are beautiful Wink , and yes, super fast...had to say it again!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson