Beginners and Beyond

Penguins Salute Veterans Tuesdaily. (Read 21 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

sapf - good luck with the haircut.  It's always a bit scary trying somebody new.  Are you going short or just trimmed?

The haircut went well.  I just got a couple of inches chopped off.  I keep my hair shoulder length so that I can pull it back into a ponytail while running.

I wound up doing a random route that was 3.4 miles on my way back from the hair place.  It is a beautiful day outside - wish I had time to do more.  Unfortunately, work beacons!

Zel - do you recommend the 2015 in 2015 challenge?  That would be a stretch goal for me to reach.  I think my highest week this year was 28 miles.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

hog4life

Morning all!  Happy Veteran's Day.

Finally actually getting my haircut - this place turns out to be closed on both Sundays and Mondays.  Wearing my running clothes there and doing 3 afterwards.  Hopefully this place turns out okay so that I can stop spending my money on haircuts and start spending it on running gear instead :-)

I'll cut it for ya, for $5, lol.

Something easy with Bella after work.

Zelanie

Zel - do you recommend the 2015 in 2015 challenge?  That would be a stretch goal for me to reach.  I think my highest week this year was 28 miles.

sapf- You can sign up for whatever mileage goal you want, I don't know where the name came from.  I am doing 2015, but that will be a stretch for me.  I bumped this year's goal up to 2014 in June, and it will be down to the wire for me.  Most people have a much more reasonable goal, though.

Singer who runs a smidge

sapf- You can sign up for whatever mileage goal you want, I don't know where the name came from.  I am doing 2015, but that will be a stretch for me.  I bumped this year's goal up to 2014 in June, and it will be down to the wire for me.  Most people have a much more reasonable goal, though.

My goal last year was 250 miles.  Not that I achieved it, but that was the goal. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hiya Pens, and thanks to the Penguin veterans, Scott, Rach, and anyone else.

PAD: Say "hi" to Sly for me. Smile

D: Great pics on FB.

sapf: Well done on the cut.  I had mine the other day.

Lauren: good job on the mpw. Let's see 27 this week.

Traci: Does that book have some core exercises? There are a million videos on youtube and I can't be bothered to sort through them all. The ones I did sit through were rubbish and then I get distracted by other stuff.

Robert: Keep up the good work! That fire sure looked nice last night. Smile

Ginny: I think my area is the only part of the country that is not getting blasted by cold air. At least it's in the 60s today. I will take that anytime.

Zel: No need to rush back to fast paces. Take it easy and the speed will come back. I also signed up for the game. Smile  My team did ok this year but there was not very much banter or communication.

Brilliant: There is a 5k in town a week from Saturday. Here is the link if you are interested.

Hog: Good work on the miles, you are running very well again. Smile

I just had a nice 6.7 miles with 8x400 included. Those intervals went pretty well. I averaged about a 1:42 for each one and it feels good. Time to eat.

hog4life

Opps, I missed out on my $5.

I also do the mileage game and need to go sign up for next year.

sapf, if you decide to play, pick a goal for "YOU", that is achievable, yet challenging. You don't want to set a goal too high, as it might cause you to run too much, while feeling obligated to, and thus might get injured. People pledge, or set their own goal, and the miles can be anywhere from 200-4000. Zel is just a running machine, so she always pledges high, .

Each team has about 20 players, and usually form a secret FB page. You get to share a lot of stuff in the groups, get to meet some great people, maybe meet them IRL, share personal experiences(not just running), and have fun. I say do it.

Robert31320

Team TJ

I've signed up for the 2015 game.  I've done it 2 years now and have had some great teammates both years.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Robert31320

Team TJ

sapf, if you decide to play, pick a goal for "YOU", that is achievable, yet challenging. You don't want to set a goal too high, as it might cause you to run too much, while feeling obligated to, and thus might get injured. People pledge, or set their own goal, and the miles can be anywhere from 200-4000. Zel is just a running machine, so she always pledges high, .

Each team has about 20 players, and usually form a secret FB page. You get to share a lot of stuff in the groups, get to meet some great people, maybe meet them IRL, share personal experiences(not just running), and have fun. I say do it.

What he said!  And, if you get to meet him and his wife you've hit the lottery!

hog4life

What he said!  And, if you get to meet him and his wife you've hit the lottery!

Thanks Robert, you guys are too kind. The other day, you mentioned looking at a half in the spring, is that one near you?

tracilynn

Jack- the book doesn't really give specific core exercises but he says that all of the exercises in his book (most are hip/leg/balance type stuff) will indirectly exercise the transversus which he thinks is the key muscle for core stability. You could probably just google -transversus exercises-

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

sapf, sign up.  Whatever mileage goal you want, not 2015.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

SIgh, Just woke up from a nap.  I might need a longer nap to get over that nap.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Mmm, nap!!  Jealous, I'm fixing to go sit in a student's seminar.  While it might be narcotic, it's bad form to sleep when I'm supposed to be grading them.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Thanks Robert, you guys are too kind. The other day, you mentioned looking at a half in the spring, is that one near you?

There is one in April in Savannah that I was looking at doing.  Inaugural race with a great RD.

http://www.runskidaway.com/

hog4life

There is one in April in Savannah that I was looking at doing.  Inaugural race with a great RD.

what's the name of it. I'll start looking to sign up.