Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's National Hamburger WednesDaily (Read 21 times)

GinnyinPA

sapf - so sorry you hurt your ankle.  Whether break or sprain, you're likely to be out for a while.  I have a bad right ankle that was sprained many years ago and every once in a while it still gives issues.  I think a break would have been better.

Damaris - so sorry your asthma is acting up now.  Is it allergy related?  If so, the TM may be your best bet to get the miles in.  Last week I did 10 miles outside, with heat, fresh mowed grass and all the pollens that come with spring and another run downstairs on the mill and there was a huge difference in how I felt.

Jerry - good luck at the dentist.

Obiebyke - I really like to vary my routes.  Doing a brand new one is the most fun, but even doing one I haven't done for a while feels like an adventure.  Have fun running by the river.

HopesMom - have fun at rehearsal tonight.  How is the leg doing today?

Z - enjoy your concert tonight.

Jack - I'm not at all surprised that DW is already thinking about the next race.  That's what we runners do, right?  You need to find someplace cool though.  Are you going back to Montana this summer?  Maybe you can find one in Canada?

PADRunner - good job on the early 8.

Margo - I hope the thunderstorms stay away this afternoon.  Enjoy your run.

AFM:  hot and humid, but a bit cooler than yesterday.  I plan to run, but don't know whether it will be indoors or out.

Singer who runs a smidge

Done with my 2-hour safety meeting.  It wouldn't have been a problem except that most of it was a repeat of training I've already done this year.  If I'm doing the training annually as required, it's annoying to have another meeting going over it again.  Instead let's talk about the stuff that's NOT in the training.

Ginny -- my knee is better, though I don't really know why.  It's not ITBS, as it's the inside of my knee, not the outside.  Who knows?  I'm keeping up with yoga and will get back to running maybe later this week.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ginny, I have been wondering if the TM would've been a better choice yesterday but you live, you learn.  Still, I am not sure if I can handle Hanson right now with the 90F and 75 dewpoint days and the extra allergens in the air.  I mean, dust, it's everywhere!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Done with my 2-hour safety meeting.  It wouldn't have been a problem except that most of it was a repeat of training I've already done this year.  If I'm doing the training annually as required, it's annoying to have another meeting going over it again.  Instead let's talk about the stuff that's NOT in the training.

Ginny -- my knee is better, though I don't really know why.  It's not ITBS, as it's the inside of my knee, not the outside.  Who knows?  I'm keeping up with yoga and will get back to running maybe later this week.

Ugh at the knee.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Non-running day for me.  Wednesday is my weight training circuit day, which I will do after work.  All our rain is now gone and we are heading back once again to Texas hot hot hot!

Hi, Damaris!  I'm eating salisbury steak for lunch...which is basically just a fancy hamburger, lol.  Celebrating the day!  Enjoy your run with hubby!

So Jerry is your dentist appointment at tooth-hurty this afternoon?

Good luck with your next stage program obiebyke.  Trekking to the river sounds like a nice run.

(((((sapf))).  Wishing you speedy healing vibes and hopefully no surgery procedures of any kind will be needed.

Fire extinguisher training, HsM?  Do you get a "hottie' firefighter to come out and teach the course for you?  I bet you would've showed up on time then! 

HI, I'M HERE TO GIVE YOU YOUR HOSE TRAINING

Good luck to your DD, Zelanie, with her choir concert.

Way to go on the 8, PAD.  AND gym tonite too?  Must be nice to be young and have all that energy.

Hope you game went well, Jack.  I'm with you, I'd be 'standing around' at first base or something, lol.

Happy running today, Phillie, glad the weather is cooperating for you today.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Amazonian Princess

Hello, Penguins!

Just a quick note since I'm on my phone and technically supposed to be paying attention to a webinar

Started run:walk again on Saturday; haven't had a good workout in a while since I've been sick so much. I've had my sinuses scoped and scanned and was basically told it's viral (otherwise known as "sucks to be you") so with no idea when I'll get better I figured I need to at least do something. I picked out a C25k workout, and yep, it sucked to be me. Did another run:walk on Monday that was rough, but last night, I think it felt easier. Just have to say that reading about other Pengs dealing with allergies and breathing issues made me feel like it's a little more do-able, so thank you

I can. I will. I am. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thank you, Scotty, for putting a picture of a hot firefighter.  We, ladies, thank you.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

sapf, what happened at the doctor??????????

Damaris

Philliefan33

I'm here, ready for my fire fighter training!

DH and I are "social" members of the FD in the mountains.  I haven't met any firefighters that look that good!  I bet we would get a lot more women to come to the pancake breakfasts if we had hotties like that serving in the dining room.

Philliefan33

Oops, I forgot to say that I ran 4.5 miles after work today.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

DH and I are "social" members of the FD in the mountains.  I haven't met any firefighters that look that good!  I bet we would get a lot more women to come to the pancake breakfasts if we had hotties like that serving in the dining room.

Me and bobruns have done a race in Lake Worth (close to West Palm Beach) where handsome firefighters give you your medal.  Too bad that's one hour away because my firefighters here don't look that good either.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Heck, I'd come because YOU  are there.  You're a pretty hot "social"  fire fighter, Margo...    I'd pass on the pancakes though, since I don't like pancakes.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt