Beginners and Beyond

Skechers? (Read 88 times)

LRB

LRB

Yeah sure, why not? 

There is a burgeoning segment of the running population who either have Skechers in their shoe rotation, or run with them exclusively.  This includes some pretty swift cats and if is good enough for them it is good enough for me...to try anyway.

Those pictured above are the Go Run 3, the third generation of their flagship shoe (I believe the 4 is out or coming out).  I copped them for 35 bucks so the decision was really a no brainer.

They are what is called a 2 in 1 shoe, which allows you to run with the insoles or without.  This will be my second foray into neutral shoes (my first the Asics Nimbus) so I am really curious as to how this will pan out.

Have you tried or considered trying this brand, or know of anyone that has?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have the Ultra something or others.  They felt to me like Hoka wannabes.  Let me know how those feel.

Damaris

The elites have the shoes replaced frequently at no cost to them.  So, the only question which I've read online regarding the Skechers running line is durability.  In the future, you should update this post regarding your experience with durability.  Enjoy them!  They look swift.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

bluerun

Super B****

I have those... exact ones.  The pods are more worn down after 20 miles than my shoes usually are after 200, but I'm told the durability is better than this would lead me to believe.  We shall see.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Have you tried or considered trying this brand, or know of anyone that has?

No, because Meb could tie Eggo waffles to his feet and still be scary fast.  But let us know how you like them.. the shoes, not the waffles. Smile

B-Plus

If Mizuno screwed up, that's one of the first brands I'd try.

Birdwell

At $35, I would be willing to experiment.

At that price, even if they only go 200-250 miles that is still quite the bargain.

B-Plus

Hasn't been bumped in a while, but this seems to be the most comprehensive Skechers thread up in this biatch:

http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/0a05ee3d61764d669c34f15012204b97/0

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

I have a pair of the original GoBionics with nearly 600 miles on them.  I think i will get at least 700 before they are done.  They would win the most miles award even if I threw them away today.  If I could only have 1 pair of shoes, it would be GoBionics.

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

To be clear, my decision has little (actually zero) to do with any elites or marketing and more to do with the following:

• These were 35 dollars.
                        • The dozens if not hundreds of positive reviews and feedback from everyday hobby joggers such as myself who I can actually relate to.
                        • Anyone who has worn them has nothing but good things to say about them.
                        • I like the color scheme of this particular model which appeals to the conservative in me.  Yes, I said that.
                        • They are 35 dollars.  Seriously.
                        • Ultimately it is an off-season experiment, no different than in years past where I typically try stuff.  For me, this is the time of the year when everything is on the table and I am completely open to new training ideas, gear, nutrition etc. 
                        onemile

For $35 I would try them.

LRB

6pm mens here Amazon women's here

Interestingly enough they were $38 on Amazon as well but an onslaught on sales a few weeks ago boosted the price back up.

From the Internet.

I will definitely be curious to hear how you like them once you have a few miles on them!

Singer who runs a smidge

Pat Sweeney (Bourbonfeet) runs in them occasionally, though he much prefers Luna sandals or barefoot.  But he likes them.

That is absolutely the only thing I know about Skechers.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.