Beginners and Beyond

Before Sun Up Saturdailies (Read 41 times)

Speaking of which, there is a picture buried within the annals of this group of Jay List racing a marathon...with keys in hand.

I remember! And probably winning it.

Of course, I've run a marathon or two with my inhaler in my hand. But didn't win.

Dave

Coastal

Thanks for the advice, Docket.  I have been working the quad/hip/TFL but not the calves at all.  I was able to start a single leg squat yesterday that left the inside quad sore today.  It felt really weak so maybe that is the culprit, or part of it anyway.  Did you ever try KT tape?

ROS:  I don't know it I'm patient or not.  It might sound weird, but I'm just glad it is something besides the iAT this time.

Glad you were close enough to run home, Bread, but $250?  Ouch.  Going to have to be a whole lot more careful with mine. Losing a key is one of my nightmares.

The easy pace discussion was interesting.  My easy pace always improved as my mileage increased until it fits the Daniels/McMillan easy pace ranges, but the last year coming back from hernia surgery it didn't improve as much.  I can still go out and run the pace, but left to my own devices it'll slow down.  I have been thinking maybe I'm slowing with age, or perhaps just trained myself to run slower easy miles.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks for the advice, Docket.  I have been working the quad/hip/TFL but not the calves at all.  I was able to start a single leg squat yesterday that left the inside quad sore today.  It felt really weak so maybe that is the culprit, or part of it anyway.  Did you ever try KT tape?

ROS:  I don't know it I'm patient or not.  It might sound weird, but I'm just glad it is something besides the iAT this time.

Glad you were close enough to run home, Bread, but $250?  Ouch.  Going to have to be a whole lot more careful with mine. Losing a key is one of my nightmares.

The easy pace discussion was interesting.  My easy pace always improved as my mileage increased until it fits the Daniels/McMillan easy pace ranges, but the last year coming back from hernia surgery it didn't improve as much.  I can still go out and run the pace, but left to my own devices it'll slow down.  I have been thinking maybe I'm slowing with age, or perhaps just trained myself to run slower easy miles.

I prefer tape than anything else.  There are several tape techniques for different knee problems, so you'll need to figure out what it is before doing it.  The one I used was for patella tracking, which you can google and see.

Damaris