Beginners and Beyond

Into the great Saturdailies we go (Read 40 times)

LRB

More eating, urgh...

Also known as BLOOF!

Supp peeps!  Got my run done in what began in cold temps temps then warmed up quite nicely as I made my way around the 6 mile loop.  I heard many comments of "look at him" or "he's wearing shorts" by people bundled up as if it was 10 degrees outside!

The workout was 8 X 400's w/ 400 recoveries, one I have been trying to do for two weeks!  Most of the intervals were run uphill and against the wind so my paces were a little slower than I would have liked, but the effort was there.

6.5 miles total (2.49 of them at 6:09) and now it's time for pizza at the theater.

Today's feature; The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, of course! 

PS, no wine for me today as I am still watching calories but I am still a riot whether I drink or not.  

happylily

Also known as BLOOF!

6.5 miles total (2.49 of them at 6:09) and now it's time for pizza at the theater.

Today's feature; The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, of course! 

PS, no wine for me today as I am still watching calories but I am still a riot whether I drink or not.  

1) LOL..

2) Holy cow! Wow!

3) Enjoy!

4) Can't you cut anything else instead of wine? I thought a glass of red was actually healthy? That's what kids are taught in France. :-)

6 recovery done, 8:58 pace, or something like that. Now lunch and a shower, before I choose what I'm going to wear tonight.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Ric-G

7 done this morning after getting up too late...maybe a couple more later, who knows....movie-wise, i was tired and fell asleep near the beginning of anchorman, my wife was bored with it, so we left after about 40 minutes...they gave us passes to return -ok...then saw walter mitty a couple days later becuz the start time was convenient...it was good enough, better than what i remember of anchorman...older son still wants to see hobbit (the movie, not the runner who posts here)...may do that soon, but have to mentally gear up for being there for 3 hours or however long it goes...have a great last saturday of 2013 everyone!

marathon pr - 3:16

Yugo8

A quick 5 mile run before loading up the car again and going back home.  Doing the 12-hour drive in two days this time.  Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yay, Tom!

My movie today was 47 Ronins followed by Netflix Red Dawn (remake).  Waiting to take hubby to pick his car up to be able to run tonight.

Damaris

delicate flower

7 miles done.  7 miles of MtnBikerChickie dragging me around the neighborhood.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

20 slow miles done this morning (10:27 average pace). Last 4 miles were brutal, and I REALLY wanted to walk. But I gutted it out and got it done. Had very yummy burgers for lunch (75% ground beef/25% pork sausage) with homemade carrot cake, followed by a 2-hour nap. And while I was napping, my super-sweet husband and father-in-law washed my car, and my son and his cousins spent about 5-6 hours total playing outside today: sledding, building snowmen, and building one BIG snow fort.

I think my BILs are grilling lamb chops for dinner tonight, and there will be cocktails.

Great way to spend a day!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

My movie today was 47 Ronins followed by Netflix Red Dawn (remake).

What did you think of 47 R?  It is getting killed on rotten tomatoes, and everywhere else for that matter!

LRB

20 slow miles done this morning (10:27 average pace). Last 4 miles were brutal, and I REALLY wanted to walk. But I gutted it out and got it done. Had very yummy burgers for lunch (75% ground beef/25% pork sausage) with homemade carrot cake, followed by a 2-hour nap. And while I was napping, my super-sweet husband and father-in-law washed my car, and my son and his cousins spent about 5-6 hours total playing outside today: sledding, building snowmen, and building one BIG snow fort.

I think my BILs are grilling lamb chops for dinner tonight, and there will be cocktails.  Great way to spend a day!

Sounds like you had one of those magical days where life rewards running!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What did you think of 47 R?  It is getting killed on rotten tomatoes, and everywhere else for that matter!

I like blockbusters so I am sure I will hate the Life of Walter Mitty (if I don't fall asleep during it), I love Transformers, LOTR, and things like that.  So if it is given rotten tomatoes, I don't know why.  It was a good movie.  But if you liked The American and/or Mitty, this movie is not for you.

I had stomach issues since Mile 5 (after I had my gel).  Still, I ran my fastest 11 miler EVER, so it was not that bad (the heaving was kind of bad, thought).

Damaris

LRB

I like blockbusters so I am sure I will hate the Life of Walter Mitty (if I don't fall asleep during it), I love Transformers, LOTR, and things like that.  So if it is given rotten tomatoes, I don't know why.  It was a good movie.  But if you liked The American and/or Mitty, this movie is not for you.

I like block busters as well and probably will see it I just have never seen a movie with a 12% rating before.  I have never seen the American and only saw Mitty because I too am a day dreamer.  Nothing like the shit he was doing though!  lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I need to check what else has been given a 12%.  I'm sure I have seen most of it.

Damaris

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Missed check in today. Was at the Pinstripe Bowl at Yankee Stadium watching Rutgers lose to Notre Dame. Finally got a call from my doctor while at the game and he looked at my MRI....no stress fracture (yay!) but he did see trauma to the talonavicular ligament and posterior tibial tendon and inflammation of the synovial fluid. So....keep resting and wearing the boot for now.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Just B.S.

Me, no exercise today. Last day with son, family dinner then family night at the major/junior

hockey game. My boys trump exercise any day. Lots of time for that after Christmas! 

Gotta go, getting up at 4:45 to get son to airport. The latest snow/ice storm is not expected
                              until later in the day, wish us luck. It's the 11th storm in 3 weeks. Winter has been killing
                              us this year.

We were only without power for 2 days, it's 6 now for my sister. Her husband works for the

Power Commission and she hasn't seen him for 4 days, out helping other people get their
                              power back but they have none. Of course related to regions, workload etc but a little ironic

too. Smile