Beginners and Beyond

Legs like a freight train......that was tonight's run!!! (Read 50 times)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

So every once in a while you have one of those runs where you just feel like twice the runner you were the day before.  This was one of those nights.

5 miler scheduled with full intent to take it easy.  Last few runs were pretty good.  Nothing wrong with them except maybe Monday's run which was horrible the first half (Mother's Day face stuffing, snoozing, etc.) but 2nd half of that run was better.

1st mile feels good.....FROM THE FIRST STEP!!!  Now I just don't usually get this. I have pioneered the "1st mile sucks" mantra here and the old BF with regularity.  But not tonight.  I stepped out feeling like I was already on mile 2.

2nd mile I even feel good enough to fartlek on this stretch of road that just begs to speed up.

3rd mile is uneventful but I start to notice that there's just a feeling of power & strength in the legs that usually isn't there.

4th mile has a little uphill grade which actually felt good on my legs and gave me a clue as to what it might have been giving me this feeling.  (I had cross trained with weights the day before.)

5th mile I feel a little tired now but legs still feel good and I ponder whether they feel "another 2 or 3 miles good" or just "solid this 5" good.  I can't decide but leave it at 5 and bump it up to 5k pace for the last quarter mile.

So in hindsight, I think I've noticed a strong feeling in legs the day after lifting (squats, leg curls/extensions) but certainly not always so perhaps a little more to it than just the prior lifting but definitely a great day.  Probably more so as I wasn't expecting it.

Now if could've just been Friday!  Big grin

Randy

good job man.

I usually feel like a steam engine that runs out of water. Smile

i hope you keep having good runs.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Sloooow.

Very nice! Runs like that are always great.

I've been starting cross training with weights, hopefully I will see your success.

Buelligan

The trick is to have a day like that on race day.

I don't know the trick.