Beginners and Beyond

Rainy Sundalies (Read 49 times)

onemile

I ran 20. The assigned workout was "

5 miles easy/moderate - 7:45 down to 7:35
    5 miles at marathon pace - 7:15 - 7:20 
    1 miles easy - 7:25 - 7:40 area
    3 miles of 1 min hard, 1 minute moderate - goal of averaging around 7:10 - 7:15 between the two paces 
    1 mile easy - 7:35 - 7:40 area 
    4 miles hard - 6:50 - 6:55
    1 mile easy cool down 

The goal is to average somewhere around 7:20 - 7:25 for the run"

I think this was the hardest workout I have ever done and I had to stop before the last hard mile to catch my breath.  I took 2 held and drank from the water fountain 4 times but I was really wilting in the sun the last 5 miles

onemile

Uhh....

Actually, despite a crappy night's sleep in my hotel, I woke up at 5AM I guess out of habit, and got my full originally scheduled run in. And even more surprisingly, it felt pretty darn good. 12 w/6 MP, along the seawall in Vancouver, BC. Some of those miles were too fast. Oh well.

52.5 for the week. 7 days to go.

Hehe nice job DavePOCD 

No more marathons

No race result in yet?

Damaris is through 25K in 2:46 - on pace for 4:41.

Don't have info on any of the others.  (Funny how their RA names don't show up in the search engine for Chicago Smile. )

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Baboon

delicate flower

How's it feel to be a runner again?

Meh, I can do better.

<3

No more marathons

I think this was the hardest workout I have ever done and I had to stop before the last hard mile to catch my breath.  I took 2 held and drank from the water fountain 4 times but I was really wilting in the sun the last 5 miles

So - 7:19 average.  Guess you failed - wasn't between 7:20 and 7:25.  

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

onemile

So - 7:19 average.  Guess you failed - wasn't between 7:20 and 7:25.  

Meh. I can do better.

GEHamlin

Hey All, drive-by post...been real busy lately. Ran the Bay Ridge HM yesterday as a training run (in the blazing hot sun. Blech). Did ok, felt OK...ran an easy 5 or so miles this am. Headed into my peak training week right here. Fingers crossed!

Tracking some Chicago runners... they're getting close!

DavePNW

Pretty high mileage still, with only 7 days to go. What's the weather forecast for your race?

42/59, mostly cloudy. Which is perfect. But there is rain the day before and after, so that could shift.

Dave

DavePNW

Hehe nice job DavePOCD 

I'm guessing you made a recommendation in yesterday's thread until you realized I'd already done it.

Nice one for you! That sounds horrific.

Dave

Cyberic

I ran 20. The assigned workout was "

5 miles easy/moderate - 7:45 down to 7:35
                      5 miles at marathon pace - 7:15 - 7:20 
                      1 miles easy - 7:25 - 7:40 area
                      3 miles of 1 min hard, 1 minute moderate - goal of averaging around 7:10 - 7:15 between the two paces 
                      1 mile easy - 7:35 - 7:40 area 
                      4 miles hard - 6:50 - 6:55
                      1 mile easy cool down 

That is an incredible workout. 20 miles in itself is hard enough. You're tough.

Baboon

delicate flower

Damaris is through 25K in 2:46 - on pace for 4:41.

Don't have info on any of the others.  (Funny how their RA names don't show up in the search engine for Chicago Smile. )

GO DOCKET!!!

<3

Cyberic

breadnatty08

Howdy folks!  3mi easy recovery this afternoon in some just awful weather.  Don't think I've sweat that much in 25min of running, in friggin OCTOBER no less.  

Legs are typical DOMSy but otherwise fine.  Toes are a little beat up in the normal places.  Guess a blood blister behind a black toenail is a new thing.  

Looks like Docket is still plugging away out there in Chicago, no idea about the others!  Hope ya'll had a great weekend.

Find me on Strava

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Watching Chicago. Go Galen and Jordan! Waiting for Galen to have his breakout marathon race. You can see it brewing.

And Rupp will get all the press despite Hasay running the second fastest marathon ever by an American woman and breaking the US course record at Chicago.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

DavePNW

Line outside the place we picked for breakfast. Must be the right spot.

Dave