Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES!! Lets do this! (Read 43 times)

oldfartrunner

Got hit good, too! I didn't expect that.

Is that bad Karma or instant Karma?  I wonder if the kid is a deer hunter?

onemile

I didn't feel like dealing with the 28mph wind gusts so I went to the indoor track

About 12 miles with 6x1 mile working down to 10k pace

DavePNW

I didn't feel like dealing with the 28mph wind gusts so I went to the indoor track

Holy crap, how many laps/mile is that track?

Dave

LRB

Hello!  20 easy miles done.

No more moving houses for at least... like 9 more years, I swear.  This shit is exhausting, but we're finally starting to get settled in.

Does anyone use the Soleus Turbo watch? Thoughts?  My wife and I both need new no-frills GPS, and that one looks decent at around $100.

Did you end up getting rid of the cat?

onemile

Holy crap, how many laps/mile is that track?

It is actually bigger than a standard 400 meter track. It's 443m in the inside lane. so it's about 3.5 laps per mile. There are distance markings on the track - it goes around a 400m speed skating oval

GinnyinPA

Bluerun - so what did the PT say was wrong? Anything they can fix?

PR - congratulations on getting released by your orthopedist, even if you still have to refrain from running for now.

I actually saw a runner get knocked down by a deer at a HM last fall. Fortunately, we were right before an aid station, so while some runners helped the runner, a couple of us ran to the aid station to get them to call the ambulance.

Beautiful day here - 70ish and sunny with a cool wind. I did 7 hilly miles.

Half Crazy K 2.0

6.1. Went to what I thought was a lighted track. I swear at one time it was. It's not any more. Oops. 15 minute warm up, 3 x .75 miles with 2 minute recoveries, 1 x .3 (was supposed to be another .75, but I hit the lap button instead of the light button), then 3 x 200. I felt speedy, not a lot of running going on there. I now see why people get road rage from tracks. Lots of walkers 2 or 4 abreast. More than 1 couple holding hands. Multiple cell phone users--either speaking to someone or texting, the texters could not keep it between the lines. Some interesting behavior for sure. I watched one young guy just walk onto the track, oblivious to the others on it, strolled down the stretch, took a selfie, then jogged maybe 2 laps and called it a night.

DavePNW

It is actually bigger than a standard 400 meter track. It's 443m in the inside lane. so it's about 3.5 laps per mile. There are distance markings on the track - it goes around a 400m speed skating oval

Wow that's pretty cool. How open is the access?

Dave

onemile

Wow that's pretty cool. How open is the access?

$2 per use if you say you are a member of the local running club, otherwise $4. They are open like 5:30am-8:00pm.  In the winter it can get a little busy with high school / college track teams practicing but tonight it was nearly empty.  It's also a perfect 50 degrees in there and sort of on my way to/from work.

Cyberic

Yeah, wind is a real PITA when trying to run hard. I had some pretty good gusts during my intervals on Tuesday.  Not 28 mph though. Maybe 20 mph gusts, but still.

I have not hit the indoor track, yet. But I did put my foot pod on the Adios to calibrate it.  I'm all set! I should run a few easy runs  inside before I hit the intervals to get my knees and ankles used to the sharp turns again. But I never do that. Every Fall it's the same thing. I'll be hurting for a couple of weeks Smile

MTA: Nice workout by the way. 6 miles at 10K pace is not a workout I would do, though. I'm too much of a wimp Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Between driving to Broward twice, pick one dad up, take him and GF to lunch and drive him to my grandma (more driving!), I managed to run my 4 while he had drinks with hubby. I’m tired.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Bluerun - so what did the PT say was wrong? Anything they can fix?

If he’s right, all I need to do is somehow loosen up my calf muscles.  Easier said than done, but preferable to the other options (stress fracture or compartment syndrome).

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

Sadly, a month ago I could have linked you to my race report on Runners World Online Forum, which described the whole encounter.

Long story short, I veered left at around the 41 km mark to avoid a pot hole or streetcar track (can't remember which now), and the motorcycle zoomed forward, with the windshield hitting me square in the left side of my chest.  I managed to keep my feet, and kept plodding along.

He pulled up along side of me and asked if I was OK.  I replied, "I think so" and ZOOM he was gone.

And then 200 meters from the finish, I saw my parents, wife and kids.  By this time I was absolutely out of my mind, but I knew I had qualified for Boston.  As I ran by, the only thing I could muster was screaming "Boston! Boston!" at them.  My wife later told me that I had terrified my (then) 3 year old so much she started to cry.

Good times!

Stories like this make me so so so happy to be retiring from marathons.  (But that is a crazy story!)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

$2 per use if you say you are a member of the local running club, otherwise $4. They are open like 5:30am-8:00pm.  In the winter it can get a little busy with high school / college track teams practicing but tonight it was nearly empty.  It's also a perfect 50 degrees in there and sort of on my way to/from work.

Nice. I wish I had something like that when I lived in Detroit. I could never find anything.

Dave

KCRuns

Onemile that’s a nice track! It sure beats our indoor track that’s 1/8 mile. I don’t complain though when the trails are covered in ice, it’s nice to have indoor access to more than just a treadmill.

I got 3 more miles running home, bringing my total to just over 7.5 for the day. Run commuting both ways was easier than I thought it’d be!