Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins love running in the rain! (Read 27 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

WHAT rain?  I ran this morning at 6 a.m. and it was already 80 degrees, 86 percent humidity and a dew point of 75, sheesh!  I'd love to have some rain to run in!  Even so, I felt pretty good on my run/walk this morning.  Planned on 3 miles but felt so good I ended up going for 4 miles. Glad I ran in the a.m., our predicted high for today is 101 with heat index of 105!

July 30th Holidays:  Cheesecake Day (blech! I don't like cheesecake), Father-in-Law Day and National Support Public Education Day!

public schools cartoons, public schools cartoon, public schools picture, public schools pictures, public schools image, public schools images, public schools illustration, public schools illustrations

public schools cartoons, public schools cartoon, public schools picture, public schools pictures, public schools image, public schools images, public schools illustration, public schools illustrations

father in law cartoons, father in law cartoon, father in law picture, father in law pictures, father in law image, father in law images, father in law illustration, father in law illustrations

father in law cartoons, father in law cartoon, father in law picture, father in law pictures, father in law image, father in law images, father in law illustration, father in law illustrations

cheesecake cartoons, cheesecake cartoon, cheesecake picture, cheesecake pictures, cheesecake image, cheesecake images, cheesecake illustration, cheesecake illustrations

cheesecake cartoons, cheesecake cartoon, cheesecake picture, cheesecake pictures, cheesecake image, cheesecake images, cheesecake illustration, cheesecake illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

From the Internet.

I can't read anything on the first page of this thread - my browser freaks out whenever I try to open it. Weird! What did you all do over there??

Second URD for me. Leg feels about 80% better today, just kinda swollen from all the massage/prodding yesterday. Gentle stretching today, water running tomorrow, hoping to try a run on Thursday.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Must be nice, Mickey, doing COOL miles!   Welcome back!

Wow, Awood, congrats on the 100 pounds lost, way to go!

That sounds like a really thin shoe, Jerry!  One for skinny people like you, not fat people like me. I'd probably CRUSH the darn things with every foot landing! Joking

Good morning, Damaris!  Or is it DEmaris now, per the dailies thread? Wink  Good luck with your intervals later.

Gee, Traci, seems like every place but Texas is cooling down now in the mornings. Well, maybe not Miami either.  Hope the dentist appointment went well.

You're not crazy, Bin.  My running shoes talk to me all the time, lol.  After all, they do have tongues!  Joking

I'm kinda like you, HsM.   I don't mind running in the rain IF it starts raining on me after I'm already started.  I hate starting out in it, though.  Go figure.   Hope you get the haircut you want!  No worries about Legs Day, with your Great Legs. Big grin

It is so frustrating to be injured when the high is only 80 and the DP is in the low 60's.  Where are you again, Ginny?  I'm coming to visit you!  Wink   Hey, BEHAVE yourself.  Just cuz you feel better does not mean the injured area may be COMPLETELY healed yet.  People sometimes think 'No pain, it's healed!"  Even me a couple times in my past, lol.  SO WRONG!  And I just added to my recovery time by tyring to start back too soon.  No running till your doc clears you.

Glad you're foot is feeling better, Mitch, but you behave yourself too!

Safe trip, Jack, and hope the burning areas don't affect any of your plans!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

Hello, everyone!  Greetings from the land of plastic surgery and dogs in strollers!

Having a good time and getting my miles in.  Did 6.3 yesterday and 6 today, plus plenty of walking.  This morning, DD even volunteered to come with me for the first time in a year.  We did 1/4 mile run segments and took walk breaks.  She ran a total of 1.5 before heading in, and I finished my run.  I don't know if it was the fact that I started off slowly, or just that it was a morning run instead of afternoon, but my legs just did not want to pick it up this morning after she went in.  My last two runs down here, on the other hand, have felt fantastic.  It was still totally worth it to have DD come running with me!  I'm proud of her, because it is hard to get out there and get started again.

I think we're headed inland today to see some family.  Hope that everyone has a good day!

Mickey- Sounds like a nice rainy run!

Awood- Welcome to the -100 club! Smile

Jerry- Hope you tried the Kinvaras!  I think I wore them for the first time on the TM.  I swear they felt so light that I could feel the TM band under my feet the first time.

D- Good luck with the 400s!

Traci- Glad you're getting some cool mornings for running!  Good luck at the dentist.

Bin- Nice shoes!  I have my eye on some Cortana2's now that the 3's are coming out.  I want to hold out for them to drop more in price, but on the other hand I really like the red color and they will probably sell out soon.

HsM- Good luck with your haircut. Smile  Have you tried any taping for your knee?  Maybe it's just that I'm a fangirl now, but it worked really well for me.

Jack- Good luck getting the errands done!  We'll be back up in your next of the woods again today, but busy busy busy, like you.  Hope the smoke blows away from where you're staying.

Mitch- Glad the foot is improving.

Scotty- Glad you had a great run this AM!

Lauren- Hope the leg feels better after the RD!

Singer who runs a smidge

Zel -- I haven't, but I've thought about it since hearing your story, and I may still have some K-T tape somewhere ... hmm ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

I am back on my phone, so can't find the link, but if you Google McConnell taping you can hopefully find it. There's a woman on a YouTube video that shows it really clearly. I don't know if KT tape would work, but maybe it would be enough to see if it Is promising?

Dad on the run.

Good evening penguins! Sorry I'm not as active on here as I once was but work has been a lot busier and that was prime time for me to check up on my fellow penguins Smile.

I haven't ran since the 22nd which kinda depresses me a little bit but some friends at work have set a challenge on Nike+ and I agreed to it so looks like I don't have a choice come the 1st of the month. Last one to 35 miles has to buy the first one to 35 miles lunch ($10 or less). There is 4 of us running. I'm a sore loser so I'll probably do something stupid and hurt myself again but at least I have weight lifting to keep my occupied now if I do Smile hahahaha.

The fencing company came today and started on our fence! Should be finished tomorrow and I'm super excited about that. I can't wait to give my dogs a back yard to play in again. Brody is pretty laid back so he isn't to much of an issue but Carter likes to do sprints through the house, under tables, over couches and onto the bed, rinse and repeat. He has already broke 2 lamps and has knocked over the garbage can on more than one occasion and he always seems to want to do it when I'm trying to fold clothes and have my bed covered with clean folded laundry.

Anyways, that's my 411 for the day, gotta get back to work Smile

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Looked like rain, so we ran on the indoor track, maybe 2 miles.  Kinvara's were good and seemed stable in the turns. Unfortunately, my favorite Nike hat went missing from the coat rack while we were running.  It was all alone, so it was not a mistake.....WTF !!!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Jerry - Enjoy the run walk.  I hope the hip keeps progressing well.

Docket - I've still never tried 400's, but they sound hurty.  Someday I'll try them out.

Traci - I love running in the cool mornings.  Of course cool mornings are odd this time of year, but we're getting them and they're wonderful.

Mickey - Dancing bananas are appreciated :-)

Bin - You haven't seen anything when it comes to complicated runs.  Daniels knows how to keep your mind off of the pain.  He keeps you focused on what you're supposed to do when that session of pain is over.

HsM - Clippers and a razor keeps my hair from getting long and annoying.  I highly recommend it for anyone, especially in the summer.

Ginny - That has to be frustrating.  When I was in wrestling, my doctor and I used to go round and round about whether I could compete or practice.  He was usually right, but I'd try it anyway.  It still drives me nuts when I can't do something, but I try to do the right things and learn from my past.

Bin - 3 pairs of shoes with zero miles!?  Wow!

Jack - Bin can tell you all about smoke in the air.  Talk to him if you need advice.

Mitch - Good luck with the easy run.  I hope your foot is ready for it.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Scotty - How can you not like cheesecake?  That just blows my mind.

Lauren - Sounds like you've got a plan.  Hope all goes well Thursday.

Zel - Do I get a jacket, or a t-shirt or something?  Glad your runs are going well.  I also have the problem of struggling to get my pace back up when I've been intentionally running slow.  It's weird.  I almost have to run really hard for a short bit to break the pace.

Jimmy - There's not way that I'd buy someone else lunch in a challenge like that.  It may be under $10, but I'd knock out 35 miles like it were an ultra.  Haha.

Jerry - It takes a special type of creep to steal a man's hat.  Personally, I wouldn't put a stranger's hat on my head, but that's just me.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Dad on the run.

Awood - HAHA I don't expect to be the one buying. I'm a cheap ass.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

PADRunner

I had a run one day. I got sprinkled on a little during the run. I finished and was walking home and it came a good shower.  I just stood there with my head back getting soaked. I'm sure the cars driving by thought I was crazy.

Bin Running

Scotty, shoes with tongue. That's funny and I will be sure to use it sometimes.

Awood, I am not proud to say that it's only 3 shoes with zero miles. There's a few more. Haa

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

SheCan

I can't read the first page either!  HI everyone though Smile

Took an unscheduled rest day just because I was tired, but I'm thinking I might go run a bit soon.  Going to Phoenix tomorrow.  Am a little bit scared about how warm its going to be-- only 106*  Yikes!  I can't believe I used to go through that every summer.

Ginny, I'm glad you're not making any hard and fast decisions now.  Hopefully if you continue taking it fairly easy, in a couple of weeks, you'll be doing better.  I am just so hoping you're going to be okay.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Wanted to post a pic of the new K3's, but just copies giantsized on the ipad.  They have greenyellow forefoot and blackred heel.  Kind of hard to tie with black laces on a black tongue.  Matched my black hat.  :-(