Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #24 (Read 31 times)

bluerun

Super B****

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Closing docs signed and Fedexed (ouch at the price). We are all set from our end until we get the money.

Damaris

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Closing docs signed and Fedexed (ouch at the price). We are all set from our end until we get the money.

awesome! That's a great feeling that will get better when the check arrives!

DavePNW

Onemile, did I miss that something happened to your calf?

I think a marathon happened to it. 

I don’t miss waking up at 5 to run every day (actually it was sometime between 4 & 5 depending on how many miles I had to do). But I still usually get up around 5 anyway. Then don’t run till mid-late morning. Which was pretty much my weekend schedule before. Actually now my Saturday is a scheduled 5ish wakeup, since I started hooking up with the running group at 7. I figure I can handle it one day a week. It feels sort of like a race morning, because I want to get up early enough to take care of breakfast/coffee/bathroom requirements before the run. Not sure what happens if someone needs a bathroom stop in a group run - does the rest of the group stop, or do they keep moving and you are left to fend for yourself? I suppose it depends on the people. I’d just prefer not to be That Guy, if I can avoid it.

Dave

onemile

I think a marathon happened to it. 

yeah pretty much just this.

Baboon

delicate flower

Took the day off from work and did my long run.  19.18 easy.  I'm glad that's done.

<3

DavePNW

Took the day off from work and did my long run.  19.18 easy.  I'm glad that's done.

Is this per schedule from coach, or just doing your own thing? Seems way early in the cycle for it.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Is this per schedule from coach, or just doing your own thing? Seems way early in the cycle for it.

The timing is right in line with my last couple of cycles, if not a little behind even.  Technically I had 18 on the schedule for Sunday but I am skiing this weekend so I took today off from work so I would not miss my long run.  19.18 miles was my chosen loop three times.

<3

DavePNW

The timing is right in line with my last couple of cycles, if not a little behind even.  Technically I had 18 on the schedule for Sunday but I am skiing this weekend so I took today off from work so I would not miss my long run.  19.18 miles was my chosen loop three times.

OK well early by my training standards I guess. 

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

<3

DavePNW

^ lol. I like how his buddies are literally rolling on the floor.

6 miles in the you-know-what. Actually not bad, only rained for the first mile or two. And about 50 degrees, so can’t complain. I like the Weather Channel’s cheery outlook on when we can next expect to see the sun:

Dave

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

^ lol. I like how his buddies are literally rolling on the floor.

6 miles in the you-know-what. Actually not bad, only rained for the first mile or two. And about 50 degrees, so can’t complain. I like the Weather Channel’s cheery outlook on when we can next expect to see the sun:

bet it makes you long for a gray winter in SE Michigan!

KCRuns

Happy FriYAY!

I've had clients in town this week, so it's been busy.  But, with a winter storm coming, they changed their flights to leave before lunch today, saving me from two more meetings.  So I went to the gym and ran 3 miles, now I'm scrambling to get my work done so I can leave on time today.

GinnyinPA

Dave - that would get depressing. I get SADD when there are three days of rain in a row. I wouldn't be happy living in the NW.

I ran 9.5 with 5 at LT. I beat the rain.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This afternoon's 5 miles brings me to 100.4 miles for January, I haven't seen 100 since October. Hopefully it keeps climbing, this week my damn adductors have been trying to seize up on me along with my hamstrings and my freaking calves have been so damn tight....  The first 2-3 miles are absolute hell, I've got another massage this coming Monday with trigger points and I'm praying that shit helps.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)