Beginners and Beyond

Time to get the Tuesdailies going (Read 49 times)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Good idea! I'll go that route and see what I end up with. Thanks for the input!

Your mileage looks great, I would shoot for a sub-47:00, but not necessarily right out of the gate.  Start off with your current PR pace, (7:39) and work way down until you find a pace that's comfortable. Comfortable being relative as it will likely be UNcomfortable in reality but you know what I mean.

A sub-47:00 is a 7:34 pace, your 5k PR pace is 7:22.  I always like to see how close I can get to my 5k PR pace during that last mile of a 10k.  If you pace it right, you may be able to touch 7:30, which would simply mean you are ready to take your 5k PR to the next level the next time you race one.

Good luck on whatever you decide but above all else, run your ass off!

- Andrew

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

That race starts at 8:30, I'll be back in my car by 9 to drive 15 miles through town to a park for the 10 a.m. start of a 6-hour run on a 2.68-mile trail loop.    Gee, Step, I read that on Monday's thread....that's nuts!  You're turning into Damaris the Second! Big grin  6 hour run on a 2.68 mile trail, that's a lot of patience, running all those loops!  How will that take you?  Oh wait...6 hours...duhhhhh...math was not my strong subject, can you tell....   Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

StepbyStep-SH

That race starts at 8:30, I'll be back in my car by 9 to drive 15 miles through town to a park for the 10 a.m. start of a 6-hour run on a 2.68-mile trail loop.    Gee, Step, I read that on Monday's thread....that's nuts!  You're turning into Damaris the Second! Big grin  6 hour run on a 2.68 mile trail, that's a lot of patience, running all those loops!  How will that take you?  Oh wait...6 hours...duhhhhh...math was not my strong subject, can you tell....   Joking

Maybe you should have been checked out this morning, Scotty! Glad you are OK after your "run-in" with the car. Scary.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Scotty, glad that you're OK. Had to quote this line - seems a little funny. The horse's butt part anyway.

Happy Constitution Day!

The cop offered to take me to the school health clinic to get checked, but I was okay - heck, I got hurt worse than this the time I ran into that police horse's butt - and I even ran my last half-mile back to the gym with no problems at all, no limping, etc. 

As for today...It's September 17th, Constitution Day.   On this day in history in 1787, the US Constitution was signed in Philadelphia by the Constitutional Convention delegates. It was ratified by all the states a year or so later, in 1788.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

And since school is in full session, I got to see lots of Great Legs as I did the Diploma Dash 5K route around the campus, nice! 

How about getting hit once a week!  lol

Robert31320

Team TJ

Another 3.8 miles fr me this morning.  Nothing spectacular, just steady.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Hip Redux

Another 3.8 miles fr me this morning.  Nothing spectacular, just steady.

Steady is good!

3.6 for me.

delicate flower

3.6 for me.

This is good!

Scotty, glad to hear you were only nicked up a bit.  Friggin' texting drivers...

Kind of hard to put the Red Sox game on when The Blues Brothers is on.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice, Oski.

Basya, how are you feeling today?

I rocked my HMP miles with the last one at 10K pace.  I only have two more interval workouts and they are not as hard as I have done before, so this is it!

Damaris

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

While 2 tempo runs back to back probably aren't ideal, I couldn't keep my legs from trucking tonight.  It just felt right so I went with it.

5 miles in 39:50.  (a new 5 mile PR by 5 seconds) Smile

I did run my recent 10K PR faster but I was thru 5 miles in 39:55 then and just beat that tonight so WTH, I'll take it.  I also had to fend off a side ache thru miles 3 & 4 which royally ticked me off but may have to sign up for another race soon if I keep feeling this good.

(I think I'm gonna sleep like a baby tonight!) Approve

Randy