Beginners and Beyond

Penguin Awareness monDay (Read 24 times)

Zelanie

Jerry- Another polar vortex? Yikes!

Cherie- doesn't sound like much of a cutback to me!

My 10 are done. Ran from where I dropped DD off to get a different route. Now treating myself to lunch at my favorite place.

obiebyke

Good afternoon! Got out for my silly 2 miles today with a windchill of -7. And this is before the polar vortex hits us. I did PT and exercise ball exercises yesterday. Whoa. On one of the PT ones, they say to do 3 sets of 30, and I struggled with 1 set of 30. Yup, I need the PT.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

SheCan

Good afternoon! Got out for my silly 2 miles today with a windchill of -7. And this is before the polar vortex hits us. I did PT and exercise ball exercises yesterday. Whoa. On one of the PT ones, they say to do 3 sets of 30, and I struggled with 1 set of 30. Yup, I need the PT.

Its coming again??????  Well at least you got out, brrrrrrr.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Seemed nice enough when we started and ended with 7 miles.  First time using toe warmers.  Stayed on EW streets to avoid the north wind.  Felt great start to finish.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

PADRunner - thanks for starting us this a.m.  Enjoy your rest day.  Are you still hurting?

Awood - good for you, snow camping.  Did you build a snow cave?  Much as I love camping, I'm not so hot on winter camping, just because I hate getting up in the morning and fixing breakfast when it's below freezing outside.

Bin - are you mostly running indoors or out these days?

Mitch - travel safely.

Damaris - sorry you're so sick.  Not running the full was a good idea if you're really ill, and given the pain you've got, doubly a good idea.  Did you run along with your DH?

Kristin - hurray for finally being able to run again.  How did your foot feel?  Any pain?

Z - enjoy your MLR.  Since you have the day off, it's a good time to do it.

AFM:  SRD today.  I wanted to take Ben out for a second walk after my eye appt. this afternoon but it's looking awfully dark and windy out there.

He DNSd due to shin splints.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Docket many hugs.  I'm sorry your FM didn't pan out.  You must have really really felt bad to switch to the half.  Please get well soon.  BTW, I really like the new profile picture.  Its so pretty.

Thanks.  It's from the FE dinner.  The one by my side is Erin.  She used to post on the BF penguins but I do not recall her user name.  Here is the bigger pic:

Damaris

SheCan

Its just so cute!  I guess I don't know who she is though.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

PADRunner

PADRunner - thanks for starting us this a.m.  Enjoy your rest day.  Are you still hurting?

I thought it was better but as the day goes on it starts coming back when I get up to walk around, along with all the other aches & pains.

Bin Running

Ginny, running mainly on indoor tracks except those MLR and LR..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

tracilynn

Cute pic Damaris!

Today= 65*and short sleeves

tomorrow= snowflurries, 20-30 mph N wind. 

~~~~~~~

Traci