Beginners and Beyond

Team USA opening ceremonies uniform (Read 108 times)

happylily

You look like the bold, cheerful, "we don't care what you think of us" Americans whom we all love. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Ugly Sweater Party at the Olympics!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Love the Half

On my list of "things I care about", Olympic opening ceremony uniforms checks in around 1,389.  The opening ceremony itself does slightly better at 1,274.  Then again, I'm not embarrassed to wear running shirts with big gnarly nip stains from using Vaseline.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

DavePNW

You look like the bold, cheerful, "we don't care what you think of us" Americans whom we all love. 

All they need are baseball caps, white athletic shoes, and big prosthetic beer bellies to be the perfect American tourists.

I actually enjoy the opening ceremonies. I like seeing all the countries, noting how many athletes they are sending, and seeing whom they have chosen to carry the flag. And some of them have pretty interesting outfits.

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

I thought the American uniforms were a joke the first time I saw them.

Let me rephrase that: The American uniforms ARE a joke.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

On my list of "things I care about", Olympic opening ceremony uniforms checks in around 1,389.  The opening ceremony itself does slightly better at 1,274.  Then again, I'm not embarrassed to wear running shirts with big gnarly nip stains from using Vaseline.

Agreed. I love watching the Olympics, but you couldn't pay me to watch the opening or closing ceremonies, no matter what the uniforms looked like. I can't wait for the curling events. I'm strangely fascinated by that odd sport.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Better than the Norwegian curling uni's!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Better than the Norwegian curling uni's!

Have wr sink that low to say we are better than the curling unis?

Damaris

Will run for scenery.

+1 on the ugly christmas sweater.

What if it were you ?  You train your whole life, bust your ass, reach that loftiest of goals, and then they say : Here, put this on while the whole world laughs at you.

Makes me glad I grew up in a warm state.....

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Love the Half

+1 on the ugly christmas sweater.

What if it were you ?  You train your whole life, bust your ass, reach that loftiest of goals, and then they say : Here, put this on while the whole world laughs at you.

Makes me glad I grew up in a warm state.....

If I made it to the Olympics, I honestly wouldn't give a shit if they sent me out there in long johns.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Here ya go LTH

Hip Redux

If I made it to the Olympics, I honestly wouldn't give a shit if they sent me out there in long johns.

+1

LRB

The designer had a vision, and the more I see them outfits, the more I am starting to see it. 

bluerun

Super B****

Maybe the $795 "not shown" jacket is the pièce de résistance that will turn this into a thing of beauty.

But I'm not counting on it. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog