Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: Sit, Stand, Walk or Run (Read 38 times)

LRB

What up doe peeps!

Back from the movie, a thin crust cheese pizza with extra cheese, and two large glasses of wine.

Yeah, and all that soreness I felt earlier?  Gonzo!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We went to one of the best Cuban resutaurants in Miami.  Cheesecake was involved but we had sangria!!!!

Mmmmm.... I'm guessing cheesecake and Daiquiris ?

Having dinner with friends and I just twisted

my ankle.  I was in pain but had time to laugh when half of the table yelled: oh no, Chicago!!!!

Damaris

Rawr.

B+ - great MP miles.

Beth - good longish recovery

Meaghan - excellent day, minus the sunburn

Oski - DNS Sad

Tom - if you're sweating the distance 2 weeks out, I'll buck the general consensus -- do that 15 miler no matter how slow you have to go.  It will be a confidence builder even if it won't be an endurance "quick fix".

jjs - oy, I can smell the patchouli from here

D - oh no, nothing major hopefully!

Today was the Big Boy Pants LR that I like to do at this training juncture.  After 5.1 miles at 6:58, I dropped the following 13.1 into sub GMP territory at 6:41.  Fairly ok feeling, but the steep hill in the park sucked bad on climb #2.  Erie's course does not have hills.

LRB

Erie's course does not have hills.

Sounds like a big fat shiny new PR to me then!

Hip Redux

You know you mean business when you have a workout that requires Big Boy Pants Big grin

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

No, Jay, I've got the distance. Really. I think the issue I was worried about is how I would feel near the end if I run at the pace I need to run to beat my PR. I really need to let the taper take effect over the next two weeks.

I'm just going through some pre-taper jitters. I think my question was more of a sanity check.

Going over my records from last year's HM, I only hit 14 miles twice and 13.1 once prior to the race. I'll stick with that plan - 10 miles next Saturday with some fast miles in the middle, presumably around HM pace.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54