Beginners and Beyond

My first 10K RR- Bill Robinson 10K Masters Championship (Read 59 times)

Congrats on beating your goal by a good margin, Amy.

Nice report, and slowing to drink water is not noobish. Smile

Zelanie

Congratulations- your hard work has paid off and that is a really solid debut!  I like how you used the people around you to push you but still seemed like you held a nice, steady pace and effort, with just enough left at the end to really push it.  Nice work!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Fantastic!  It must be the 10k distance.  I set a 5K PR in my first and only 10K.  I've beat that since, but it's scary to keep going after that...lol

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

hog4life

Congrats Amy, you did a very good job of executing your plan to reach your goals!

happylily

Excellent! You did that like a pro.  Congratulations, Amy!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

SheCan

WTG, you!   Congratulations on the PRs and on this race.  You did great!

"If I can hang on until my 60’s I may place in my age group."  LOL, naw, it'll happen before then.  I swear, just keep at it.  I also found out that you and I are the same age!  

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

on my way to badass

Thanks everyone!  My confidence got a huge boost.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

on my way to badass

Link to photos- I am on page 6, bib 812

Pictures just got posted today!  There is no finish photo of me, but I almost have a floater.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

LRB

Hip Redux

It looks like you are sooooo close to that floater!  Big grin