Beginners and Beyond

SATURDAILIES and got no plans! (Read 42 times)

B-Plus

Dude, cut that shit out.

Sad

So what actually happens? Do you know anyone who has a heart rate monitor?

+1. I really hope you get that figured out quickly. It sounds quite worrisome and I'd be afraid to head out for a run.

Hip Redux

+1. I really hope you get that figured out quickly. It sounds quite worrisome and I'd be afraid to head out for a run.

Yeah, not planning on running again before I get a real answer, even though the cardiologist gave me the all clear.  Of course, now she's out for a week at a conference.  

Jess - I get lightheaded, nauseous, cold sweats, my legs get very weak... all four times now, it's the same, right around the 15-20 minute mark.  It takes about 10 minutes for it to pass, and then I can continue on and I don't have problems again.     The dropping BP would be an answer except that doesn't explain the chest pains I've been getting randomly (I don't think).

I'm going to start a thread in the main forums and see if anyone has suggestions on other things to test for.

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

I don't mean to scare you... well, maybe I do.  My dad has a heart condition (partially blocked major artery) and needed a stent placed this year after he was feeling faint and having some palpitations after a longer run.  It sounds like, and this is scary but possible, you may have a heart condition.  Atrial fibrillation is what popped into my head when I saw that you were getting dizzy and chest pains.  It can also cause blood pressure issues, obviously.

I would see a doctor and be very insistent about your symptoms.  Chest pain is NOT something to mess around with, especially accompanied by other symptoms.  I knwo we runners like to think we're immune to heart problems (though, are we?  see: Jim Fixx, Micah True), but...

Yeah, not planning on running again before I get a real answer, even though the cardiologist gave me the all clear.  Of course, now she's out for a week at a conference.  

Jess - I get lightheaded, nauseous, cold sweats, my legs get very weak... all four times now, it's the same, right around the 15-20 minute mark.  It takes about 10 minutes for it to pass, and then I can continue on and I don't have problems again.     The dropping BP would be an answer except that doesn't explain the chest pains I've been getting randomly (I don't think).

I'm going to start a thread in the main forums and see if anyone has suggestions on other things to test for.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Oski, I hope you get it figured out. Sad

- Andrew

obiebyke

Hey Oski, how's your anxiety level? Sounds to me like it good be a good old fashioned panic attack.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Hip Redux

Obiebyke - Oh yeah, I've had panic attacks before (open water swim!).  My stress right now is fine, I think.

Scap - Yep, I'm already scared, no worries lol I got a full workup from the cardiologist, and she said my heart was in "perfect" condition. However, my EKG was abnormal - but she had no explanation for it since the heart itself was fine in the Echo.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oski, hope you find the answer.  Maybe if you get out again, do some running for about 10 minutes, and then walk a bit and repeat and see if that helps (instead of running the whole distance)?  If it was hot over there I would say that contributes but that is not an issue for you.

I'm going to take another day off today.  Will still make my mileage goal for the week but I am trying to see if I can do my run tomorrow all systems go.  If it was not 93F and 73DP in fucking OCTOBER I wouldn't be thinking of skipping my run.  I am getting tired of this shit.  The 90-100F started in April!

Damaris

Jess runs for bacon

Oof I know that feeling, that's definitely a precursor to passing out. How bad is the pain in your chest? Or does the chest pain scare you? I know I had it happen to me a few times when I used to get back spasms; they weren't super painful but for whatever reasons (possibly stress/breathing) I almost passed out. Are you running the same route each time?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I wonder if it's like an anxiety attack or something.  Then, you cannot breathe and once your breathing is impaired, the rest would follow.  You are not having an asthma attack or something right?  Sounds similar but yours is more painful.

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

No suggestions, Oski, but just want to send good thoughts that you can find an answer soon.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Hip Redux

Thanks for all the good thoughts, guys.  I posted all my medical details here.

I don't think it's anxiety, and it's not the same route or same time of day or anything like that.   I can't find any correlation between the four times now.  I wasn't even wearing the same shoes today!  Tongue

LRB

Thanks for all the good thoughts, guys.  I posted all my medical details here.

Hopefully someone sees that who has dealt with and overcame it.  Alls it takes is one.  Or, for it to come to you on its own, which could happen what with your high IQ and all.  Joking

LRB

I went to the shops for some yummy wine and the bill came to $15.88, so I gave the guy $20.83.  I obviously meant to give him .88 cents but apparently was not paying attention.  Anyway, instead of asking me for a nickel, or why I only gave him .83 cents, he gives me $4.95 and closes the drawer.  So now I have more change than what I went into the stupid store with!  SMH

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Oski responded to you on the main board, but will do here as well.....have you been checked for anemia? According to MayoClinic symptoms are:

• Fatigue
                              • Pale skin
                              • A fast or irregular heartbeat
                              • Shortness of breath
                              • Chest pain
                              • Dizziness
                              • Cognitive problems
                              • Cold hands and feet
                              • Headache

Initially, anemia can be so mild it goes unnoticed. But symptoms increase as anemia worsens.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

delicate flower

Get that stuff figured out, Oskinator.  Sad

Wife and I had a good day doing nothing.  I got in a really good 7 mile run at 7:37 pace on one of my hilly routes, while MBC took her new Hokas for a test drive.  We celebrated with pizza dinner.  Now I'm icing down the knee (standard practice) while watching the RED SOX.  Go team.

<3