Beginners and Beyond

True to Self WednesDAILIES (Read 268 times)

Gustav, great workout yesterday.

Damaris, running and good food? Sounds like a fantastic day ahead for you.

Dave, good job getting the 3 in early in the day.

Pinktastic, have an excellent run at lunchtime.

Jeep, why might today be a URD?

Baboon, enjoy the 10.

April, have a relaxing and refreshing RD.

jedigunnie26.2, great run this morning.

scottydawg, have fun with the hills.

Sixteen quarter-mile repeats are done. I felt amazing the whole time. An unexpectedly good workout.
    StepbyStep-SH

Morning, everyone. I am still among the living, though I felt like death most of yesterday. I'm taking another URD, because I don't think I'm up to running today (especially since my total calorie intake yesterday was half a banana and two pepper strips). Plus, I have a lot errands to get done that I didn't do yesterday and need to squeeze in before we get hit with a winter storm tonight.

These two URDs have probably sealed the deal on me just missing my 2012 goal of 2350. I still need almost 80 miles, and with the storm and Christmas, I don't think I'll be able to run that much.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Supp, I'm back. 

This is how it went down:

"Hi.  Is there something specific you're here for?"

"What up doe doc!  Nope.  Just a physical."

"Hmm, nothing else?"

"Nope, just that time of year again."

"Is everything okay."

"Yep.  Just here for my yearly check up."

"Oh.  I see.  So nothing else huh?"

"Doc, you're fuckin killing me here man."

"I'm sorry I'm sorry.  Not many of my patients come in voluntarily."

"Yes, you say that every time - geez."

And so goes the conversation every year since I turned 40! 

As it is, lab work takes a week or so but everything else is copasetic. 

And I didn't get the one finger salute this year so me a happy boy, whoop whoop!

Docket_Rocket

I can imagine you and the doctor conversing, LOL.  You (and baboon) just make me laugh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

LOL. That's hysterical.

Ball of Fury

Once again, quick post from work so don't have time for personals (I suck!) but hope everyone has a great day!

I got in 10 miles before work this morning!  It was a pretty good run, average 9:40/mile.  I did have quite a bit of pain in my right hip/knee at times, but I stopped to stretch and it was better.  I was  happy I was able to finish the run.  As far as stride/cadence, I have a pretty short stride and I don't think I am striding out but I did notice today it hurt a bit more on the uphills, so maybe I am changing my stride there.  I don't have a footpod but I did  manually count my footfalls today and all 3 times, I was within 86-90 so I guess that is about right.  A couple interesting things did happen this morning:

1)  I was almost attacked by a ferocious canine...which would have been scary except it was a tiny Dachshund!

2)  I was creeped out by a small truck that was driving through our subdivision at 4:45 with it's headlights off and stopping at driveways...until I realized they were going through people's trash and then I just got sad.

3)  I ran 10 miles in the cold (coldish...felt like 35) and then had to take a freezing cold shower because the pilot light went out on the hot water heater!  I tried to pretend it was an ice bath and was good for me but it didn't work very well!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

seeamyrun

Good Morning Runners,

LRB...that's hilarious!

11 miles for me this morning with 5 x 1200 as soon as I get off the computer and my breakfast is settled. Hot and sticky outside, so I'm not looking forward to it.

Have a good one!

Docket_Rocket

Once again, quick post from work so don't have time for personals (I suck!) but hope everyone has a great day!

I got in 10 miles before work this morning!  It was a pretty good run, average 9:40/mile.  I did have quite a bit of pain in my right hip/knee at times, but I stopped to stretch and it was better.  I was  happy I was able to finish the run.  As far as stride/cadence, I have a pretty short stride and I don't think I am striding out but I did notice today it hurt a bit more on the uphills, so maybe I am changing my stride there.  I don't have a footpod but I did  manually count my footfalls today and all 3 times, I was within 86-90 so I guess that is about right.  A couple interesting things did happen this morning:

1)  I was almost attacked by a ferocious canine...which would have been scary except it was a tiny Dachshund!

2)  I was creeped out by a small truck that was driving through our subdivision at 4:45 with it's headlights off and stopping at driveways...until I realized they were going through people's trash and then I just got sad.

3)  I ran 10 miles in the cold (coldish...felt like 35) and then had to take a freezing cold shower because the pilot light went out on the hot water heater!  I tried to pretend it was an ice bath and was good for me but it didn't work very well!

I've found the smaller the dog, the braver it is, LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jess runs for bacon

LRB, I didn't know you were a vegetarian. I thought you subsisted on coffee alone Smile

Gustav, that's...odd. It is a cool house though!

Three tonight on the TM with my new Kinvaras Smile I will continue watching The Two Towers, but I'm hoping for a speedy run so I don't make too much of a dent in it. It's the extended version, so it's pretty friggin long, but I've got quite a few LRs up that'll probably have to be done on my TM.

runmomto3boys

LRB: I hope the physical goes well.  I'm interested to see the improvements you've made!

David: Ohhh, so close to 2400!  That is huge!  You had an awesome year! 

Basya: I hope the repeats go well!  What are you training for right now?  Anything specific?

Gustav: Great job on the full body work out yesterday!

Docket: Hopefully, you can fit in a run today.

April: Enjoy the outing with the hubby.  Definitely stay on that IT band garbage...keep it at bay!

D2: Nice work on the 3!

Sarah: I hope the 10 go well. I'm glad that things turned around during yesterday's run.  I'll take those runs v. the ones where the whole run just stinks! 

Phil: That is a lot of carrots + beets (eewwwww!).  I hope the run goes well today!

Jedi: It sounds like you are having a great month mileage wise!  Woot.   That was a heck of a progressive run too - nice!

Scotty: I hope the hill work goes well!

Jeep:  Great work getting in 4!

AmiK: Nice run!  I've SO had that happen where I'm eyeballing a sketchy car and it turns out to be a guy delivering newspapers or whatever!  That was a crazy run b/t the dog and the cold shower, but you did a fantastic job knocking out the 10!  Well done - and at a great pace!

Amy: Ohhhh, man: you've got a tough work out on tap.  I hope it goes well!  Good luck!

13 miles last night in the snow: my first run in the stuff and it was MUCH harder than I expected. I was a little frustrated (understatement) when I got home. I also got in Myrtle stuff, yoga and core. I am going to do another first tonight: hit the indoor track for my tempo run. The schedule calls for 9 with 4 at tempo pace. I would like to get in 10-11.

B-Plus

Good morning all,

3.2 @ 9:44 in the sideways wet snow. It's soggy out there.

Gotta go!

Docket_Rocket

LRB, I didn't know you were a vegetarian. I thought you subsisted on coffee alone Smile

Gustav, that's...odd. It is a cool house though!

Three tonight on the TM with my new Kinvaras Smile I will continue watching The Two Towers, but I'm hoping for a speedy run so I don't make too much of a dent in it. It's the extended version, so it's pretty friggin long, but I've got quite a few LRs up that'll probably have to be done on my TM.

well, that is vegetarian, doh. Joking

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Jess runs for bacon

well, that is vegetarian, doh. Joking

True! Would that be Caffeinitarian?

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

LRB, your doc should be thankful that he actually gets to take care of someone who monitors his own health and doesn't sit on his ass! Hah!

3.13 done this morning. I'm going to yoga tonight. My right hip is starting to hurt a little bit again, so hopefully it helps with that like it did last time. I haven't been in two weeks due to miscellaneous stuff coming up on Sunday afternoons. The Wednesday class starts at 5:30, so I'll have to bail out of work a little bit early, but it will be worth it!

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

Happy Wednesday! My three-miler last night went fairly well, although I was still fairly sore from the race this weekend. Tried to focus on slowing down my pace a bit and succeeded. Lifted a bit too, which I hadn't done in a couple months. Lost some strength but I know it will come back over the next couple weeks.

Have a 5 mile pace run scheduled for tonight after work! Think I'm going to change it up a bit and do a loop around the Vandy campus.  Then I need to prepare for family coming in town tomorrow. Ahh! Busy day!

FlippyNoodle- have fun with the yoga tonight!

B-Plus- stay dry in the snow!

runmomto3boys- hope the indoor run goes better tonight!

lilac_jive- have a good three-miler!

seeamyrun- wow, impressive work load today.  Have fun with the speed training. 

AmiK- Sorry about the rough/creeping morning run and post-shower.  Nice run!

LRB- glad the visit to the doc went well!

StepbyStep-SH- enjoy the URD. Sorry about the missed goal. I'm sure you'll be able to tackle it next year. 

jedigunnie26.2- way to get in a workout despite sleeping in!

Baboon- have fun with your run later today!

Pinktastic- Good luck getting through today! I feel like the days off before breaks/weekends always go the slowest.

Dtothe2nd- good luck getting the second run in later today!

Docket_Rocket- have fun at the holiday party!

RunTomRun- hope you have a great day at work!