Beginners and Beyond

San Francisco Marathon & Mr. Docket's First 5K RR (Read 150 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats to the running couple.  Way to conquer those hills.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Wait, *YOU* were getting scared by the photographers?

Or you *WERE* scaring the photographers?

LOL

You look like you were friggin ready for every photographer and then some!

Randy

GinnyinPA

Congratulations to both of you for doing so well.  When I lived in SF I did a walking event that had seven hills in seven miles, I can't imagine trying to run them.  You did great.

MrNamtor

WTG D! I love San Fran too (not because it's cold but for everything else)

Anyway though, I can't imagine running those hills! Congrats on another great race and for getting your husband to run as well. I hope you're feeling better

Will run for scenery.

So sad to think of you in a food paradise like SF and only being able to eat white rice.... If I ever make it back there, I will make it up for you !

Huh ? Do they sell men's stuff at race expos ? The ones I've been to seem to be women-only.

Great report, and hope you feel better soon.

When is Mr. D going to join us ?

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Congrats on an other finish, in yet another outfit.  You must have a very big closet.  And congrats to your husband on his first 5k!

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

outoftheblue

Great job in beating your time from the LA marathon.  Congrats to both you and Mr. Docket!

And, yes, the course was just a wee bit hilly, wasn't it?

Life is good.

hog4life

Congrats Damaris! And to DH too.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hehe.  We've joked about it.

So sad to think of you in a food paradise like SF and only being able to eat white rice.... If I ever make it back there, I will make it up for you !

Huh ? Do they sell men's stuff at race expos ? The ones I've been to seem to be women-only.

Great report, and hope you feel better soon.

When is Mr. D going to join us ?

Damaris

happylily

Another wonderful race and RR from you, D.! I love reading about your adventures. Smile Congratulations, girl, you really are the queen of marathons. Love the pics!!!!

I hope you're feeling better today, ((D))).

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice report and photos - wait, where's the race photo of your hubby?

Congrats on your marathon, Damaris, and the 2 medals!  Congrats to your DH on his 5K!  He runs about my pace so if we ever FE in the future, you can do your long race and I'll keep your DH company at the shorter one. Big grin

Hope you both are feeling better by now!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Philliefan33

Congrats DR and Dr. DR.  It's cool that you can both participate now.  I predict even more destination races in your future.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Phillie, is in the works.

Just to show I'm not all mammal, another ridiculous hang gesture pic:

Damaris

DavePNW

Great job! Those hills look insane! After my brief experience with only gently rolling hills in my last race, I cannot imagine what SF was like. Way to be smart & walk the hills to avoid the blowup. No mention of your breathing, so I assume all was well in that department.

Dave

Great job D, and Mr. D as well.

Sounds like you had a lot of fun running in anti-Florida conditions -- hilly and cool.  Those hills must have been brutal, well done.