Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies (Read 34 times)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Sly - You do quite the variety of training and racing. I wish we had all comers meets around here, but it seems that you need to be fast to participate.

8 later.

I've been trying to get all kinds of experience. And the all comers really gets a broad range of runners out.  But no, you don't have to be fast. There are plenty of events and multiple heats. Last night the 1 mile had 3 heats from mid 4min milers to 12+ min milers. (Had a 4-5 yo girl run it. All by herself ( beat a couple of older boys) but she put it all out there and ran the entire way.

Last nights events:

100 & 200 hurdles

long jump & high jump

1 mile, 100m relay, 100m, 400m, 800m, 3000m

(100m racers where from 9.8sec to 27sec - 14 heats)

DavePNW

I've been trying to get all kinds of experience. And the all comers really gets a broad range of runners out.  But no, you don't have to be fast. There are plenty of events and multiple heats. Last night the 1 mile had 3 heats from mid 4min milers to 12+ min milers. (Had a 4-5 yo girl run it. All by herself ( beat a couple of older boys) but she put it all out there and ran the entire way.

Last nights events:

100 & 200 hurdles

long jump & high jump

1 mile, 100m relay, 100m, 400m, 800m, 3000m

(100m racers where from 9.8sec to 27sec - 14 heats)

How'd you do in the high jump?

Dave

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I watched it as I warmed up for the 800!

Watched a guy clear 6'-10", impressive!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sigh, this morning an SUV backed out into mine (which is new).  My trunk does not close fully so I am going to have to fix it.  Sigh.

Time for some lunch. I wish I can have a drink too, ha.

Damaris

happylily

Rest and travel.

Have a great end of week and may your weekend be fabulous!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

B-Plus

But no, you don't have to be fast.

I meant in my area. I can't find any all-comer meets - just invitational. I guess it's difficult to get people excited for track. We used to have a free Friday night mile series, but I guess not enough people were showing up.

B-Plus

How'd you do in the high jump?

Triple jump was my favourite back in elementary school.

LRB

Racing short distances like that does wonders for your overall developement.  Like BP, I wish we had those kinds of events here.

Nice job Moon!

LRB

How was lunch D?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

How was lunch D?

Not only did I get the wrong thing for breakfast but I also got sour cream on my lunch (which I cannot stand).  This day sucks.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hope Andrew has a fun camping trip....and his wife let him take his balls with him..."Aww, come on honey...all the other guys are taking theirs..."....and the guys don't  all end up sitting around the campfire playing beans music like the guys in Blazing Saddles ...

Enjoy the 6, Zelanie.  How  did your Club Six fun run go yesterday?  Yeah, unlike some other teams, the Spurs really don't have one 'big' star.  I don't know if that has helped them be more consistent over the years but they sure do okay.

Good luck with your impromptu 5K, Slymoon!

I swear sometimes I think that boy is way too independent for his own good  Gee, FreeSoul, I wonder where he gets that from...  Enjoy your night-time 10K!  Watch out for roots and rocks, those things will reach out and grab you during a night-time trail run, making you have a nice face-plant in the dirt.

Good luck with your 8 later, B-Plus.

Sorry about your SUV, Damaris, that sucks. Could have been a lot worse, glad you were not out in crazy traffic and did not get injured.  I'm with you on the sour cream...yuk.

Rest and travel...kind of an oxymoron isn't it, Lily...doesn't travel make you a bit tired?  Safe travels to you!

Ric...I ALWAYS behave myself....    Way to go on your 5 miles.

Happy Anniversary, Jack!

Gail called and the birthday dinner for her friend got postponed from tonite.  Where Gail's friend lives - only about an hour from San Antonio but it's up in Texas Hill Country - they are still getting some windy, rainy, and occasionally hail weather.  So she told everyone just to stay home tonite off the roads and be safe and we'll do it another time.  Probably a good idea.  Crazy how it can be so nice down here in San Antonio but just an hour away the weather is going nutso.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Weird, you're not the only one who says that lol. In fact my whole family says it..... 

I do pretty good on the trails, it starts at 8:15 so there will be some lighting and hopefully my eyes will adjust. Smile

I swear sometimes I think that boy is way too independent for his own good  Gee, FreeSoul, I wonder where he gets that from...  Enjoy your night-time 10K!  Watch out for roots and rocks, those things will reach out and grab you during a night-time trail run, making you have a nice face-plant in the dirt.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Eh, scotty, I don't have an SUV.  The guy had.  I have a Lincoln MKZ hybrid which is still a pretty big ass car and would never had been damaged had this asshole driven something smaller.

Damaris

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Eh, scotty, I don't have an SUV.  The guy had.  I have a Lincoln MKZ hybrid which is still a pretty big ass car and would never had been damaged had this asshole driven something smaller.

Ack - that sucks.

On a related note, a couple of weeks ago I was rear-ended in stop-n-go traffic.   I happened to be in my wifes Jeep and took some bumper damage.  The car that hit me was totaled - engine out the bottom type of damage.  I on the other hand, continued my 400 mile trip out of town with no additional issues.

*HAD* I been in my Accord, I doubt I would have been able to drive away.  There is a reason being in a larger vehicle is safer.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

He hit me leaving a parking spot.  He was going 2mph.

And my car is pretty big (strong too).  But it still would've been best to be hit by a Yugo or something!

Damaris