Beginners and Beyond

TGIF Penguins (Read 23 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!).

“Why aren’t you signed up for the 401K?”
    “I’d never be able to run that far.”

– Dilbert

PADRunner

Morning Penguins.

Tough workout this morning, 35 min Tempo, 40 min total for 4.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Pilates and the Wednesday run I missed tonight.

Damaris

Bin Running

Morning. 8M w/ 5@HM.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Chorus last night was good, and my knee was happier with the rest yesterday.  So I'm planning on a WAW this afternoon sometime.  Then on Saturday we have quartet coaching with a good friend of mine -- the rest of the quartet has never met her, really, but I pushed us to coach with her because she's incredibly knowledgeable and empowering.  Should be great!
            This fellow was in the shrubs as I walked in this morning.  I'm a little surprised I saw him!

PAD -- congrats on your tough workout!!

Docket -- have fun making up the run!!

Bin -- woo-hoo for your 8!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Back from my spinal injection.  Now, per the doc, I am to relax the rest of the day...no prolonged sitting (so I have the day off of work since my job consists of sitting at a computer all day), no prolonged standing, no lifting, etc.   So today I sit for a bit, then stretch out on the floor for a bit, then sit for a bit again, ad infinitum.   I will probably nap a lot today.    By tomorrow the med will be into my system and I will be feeling great.    Race #47 for the year tomorrow, a 5K.

But now it's done, PAD, and you did it!  Congrats.

How's the weather in Singapore now, Bin?   Congrats on your 8.

Happy Pilates, Damaris!  And happy Wednesday run on Friday...(dang...I hear Twilight Zone music...)

Happy new coach, HsM!  Glad it was not a snake you saw in the bush there.  Umm, what is WAW?    Walk And Water?  Wicked Assed Walk?  The Elmer Fudd program of "Walk And Wun.."

OK, sitting time over for a while now....floor stretching time....later, Pengies!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy TGIF !!!  Our Friday morning LR was only a 5 mile run/walk due to 74F DP.  Basically we run until HR is over 140, then we run again when DW is ready.   She hates the heat.  I love it except when the sweat gets in my eyes.

We cancelled our brewery tour weekend in Milwaukee so we can enjoy our new sewer pipe.

Good luck tomorrow Scotty.  Maybe you'll see the backwards runner again.  Should be a great picture.

Singer who runs a smidge

Back from my spinal injection.  Now, per the doc, I am to relax the rest of the day...no prolonged sitting (so I have the day off of work since my job consists of sitting at a computer all day), no prolonged standing, no lifting, etc.   So today I sit for a bit, then stretch out on the floor for a bit, then sit for a bit again, ad infinitum.   I will probably nap a lot today.    By tomorrow the med will be into my system and I will be feeling great.    Race #47 for the year tomorrow, a 5K.

But now it's done, PAD, and you did it!  Congrats.

How's the weather in Singapore now, Bin?   Congrats on your 8.

Happy Pilates, Damaris!  And happy Wednesday run on Friday...(dang...I hear Twilight Zone music...)

Happy new coach, HsM!  Glad it was not a snake you saw in the bush there.  Umm, what is WAW?    Walk And Water?  Wicked Assed Walk?  The Elmer Fudd program of "Walk And Wun.."

OK, sitting time over for a while now....floor stretching time....later, Pengies!

Walk at Work, silly dog!  Ok, I made it up, but I can do that!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hiya Pens.

Scotty: I hope everything is ok with your injection. Since you are running tomorrow I am guessing it's fine.

I took the day off and DW and I are off to Santa Rosa for my HM and her marathon on Sunday. We are staying with my cousin and her kids tonight in Pleasanton and in the morning we are off to the packet pick up and hotel. With my slowly healing injuries and crap training cycle I have no idea how I will run the HM and it may take me a few miles to figure it out. A pr won't happen this time. DW's goal is a BQ.

Happy Friday and enjoy the weekend.

From the Internet.

Hi pens! 4 easy for me today. Perfect weather - I didn't get out until 9:45 but it was overcast and breezy, mid-60s. Nice.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Walk at Work, silly dog!  Ok, I made it up, but I can do that!

I thought  WAW was the old fashioned "Work at Work", for those that aren't "WAH".

Zelanie

Hey guys. 6 easy miles this morning, then a haircut. I am off to a meeting at work, then dinner out with DH later.

Good luck to Mrs. Klompus!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good luck, Mr. and Mrs. Klompus!

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Had lunch with a service rep, whose company I'm going to hopefully give $750k before the end of the calendar year.  So we had to go over the specifics of my instrument purchase, etc.

Which all boils down to the fact that I might not get my WAW done, because I ate too much Thai food!  But man, it was good!!

SheCan

Hi friends!

PAD-- good job on the run!

DR-- can you do a couple of the runs I've missed also?

BIN-- glad you're now getting those runs in regularly.

HsM-- is it a walking stick?  I think that's what I'm seeing on the pretty foliage.  Enjoy your walk if you go!

Scotty-- enjoy your squirm & nap day, Good luck with your race tomorrow.

Jack-- good luck with your HM.  Tell your wife that we're all rooting for her on her 1st marathon.  Maybe you can talk her into writing a RR for us.

Jerry-- did I read you right?  Are you referring to 74* as "the heat"?   If that's true, you shouldn't be allowed to mention that here!    Okay, just kidding, but yes, being warmer than you're accustomed to can really take a toll.

Lauren-- that sounds like a perfect 4 miles!   Glad you had such a lovely run.

Zel-- Glad you made it home safely.  Good job on the 6.  Hope your training is going well, and enjoy dinner tonight with DH.

Well I haven't been on as much because i'm just not running much.  My youngest daughter moved away this week   and I've been trying to keep busy.  I signed up for a couple of classes at the community college which I think are going to be super fun.   I'll try to peek in more and say HI!  Good luck racers this weekend!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson